LGBT Parenting
Options

Femara and Ovidrel?

My RE started me on Femara and Ovidrel for this cycle, has anyone else had success with this combo? I've heard this side effects are more mild than Clomid and there is a lower multiples rate? This is our first cycle with meds, trying to get an idea of what to expect:)

Re: Femara and Ovidrel?

• Options
    I found the side effects of Femara to be minimal. I had a headache and that was about it. With Femara it is reasonable to expect 2 follies, maybe 3. I never had more than 3. The Ovidrel gives me very sore boobs around 5 days after I use it. I didn't have success, but I used Femara before my surgery and wasn't going to have success no matter what I used. Good luck!

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Options
    ATXmommasATXmommas member
    edited June 2014
    I used Femara + Ovidrel, but actually conceived on cycles that we chose not to trigger. I only had one dominant follicle with Femara, but that's all it took for me to conceive twice.

ETA: I didn't notice any symptoms with either, but I'm in the minority of individuals who didn't experience side effects with progesterone, so perhaps my body just isn't that sensitive.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks all, sometimes knowing others have been there and done this helps a ton:)
  • Options

We used clomid and ovidrel for our first 2 tries...but the side effects from the clomid were ridiculous and my body went crazy making eggs

For the last 2 cycles we used femara and ovidrel. The side effects were almost none (did have a few headaches but nothing serious). Nothing the first time but the second time we conceived our twin girls (not from the femara more than likely....there are more than 5 sets of twins currently in my family)

Good luck!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"