3rd Trimester
Options

What were your pre-labor signs and symptoms?

Hey everybody, me again.  Just curious what your prelabor symptoms were.  Ty!!!!
Beth

Re: What were your pre-labor signs and symptoms?

• Options
    *LrCg**LrCg* member
    edited May 2014
    I'm an odd one, with all my kids my water broke on its own and within hours contractions started.
  • Options
    apmomapmom member
    Ty. My older kids were emergency c's for a variety of reasons so I haven't really labored before. But w this one it seems like my body is getting ready... Just not sure what to look for from real moms
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    All I had last time around was cramping. Felt like period cramps that continued to get worse.
  • Options
    TMI but my body cleared itself out, if you know what I mean. It happened 24 hours before I began contractions and continued right up until I left for the hospital. That was it really. Before I knew it contractions began at 3 minutes apart.
    May 14 Jan Siggy Challenge New Years resolutions I will not keep: Saving Money
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nothing. Contractions started.
  • Options
    *LrCg* said:
    I'm an odd one, with all my kids my water broke on its own and within hours contractions started.
    This. I had no warning. I had just talked to my mom on the phone about a half hour before my water broke and told her I felt fine and was just going to have a lazy Saturday.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Mirena removed 11/10/11. BFP 02/20/13 - MMC discovered 4/17/13 @ 11w4d. 
    BFP 12/14/13, EDD 8/21/14.It's a BOY! DS born 8/15/14.

• Options

Nothing. Contractions started.

This for me too.
  • Options
    With my first, nothing. I woke up that day having back labour contractions 2 minutes apart and she was here in 8 hours.

With this one I've been cramping on and off with back pain for the past few weeks, lots of pooping, and losing bits of mucous. I had a NST today and I was contracting and not feeling it, they suspect it will be any day now but I can totally see myself going overdue.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Just cramps & more cramps.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

My water broke at 38 weeks, contractions started immediately and my son was born 1 hour 45min later ... I didn't go through the different stages of labour.  Instead, I went straight into the last stage.   

But apparently it is very unusual especially for a first birth.  I suppose I got my mom's luck ...

I'm now preggies with our 2nd and due 2 Sept 2014.  Quite nervous because they say the second birth is faster ... yikes!  Thank goodness I only live 5km from the hospital ;o)

Good luck?  When are you due?

• Options
    Started losing my mucus plug a few days before contractions started. Can't remember any other signs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    apmomapmom member
    June 22nd. I know I still have a couple of weeks and I def want this baby to gestate as long as possible. But I am getting excited!
  • Options
    Nothing. I just woke up and began contractions with no other warnings at all.
  • Options
    ivyrebivyreb member
    With my first I had lower back pain all day leading up to mild contractions and water breaking in the toilet (so I wasn't sure it was that) around 1:30am.

With my second I saw a slight tinge of blood on toilet paper, and felt like I had to have a bowel movement (but couldn't), which I remembered from my first labor as well. He was born 4 weeks early... it was the bloody toilet paper that made me realize I might be going into labor, and it turned out to be true!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    apmomapmom member
    Thanks ladies!! I really appreciate all your stories! :) now I know more what to look for!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"