April 2014 Moms
Options

It wasn't so long ago that...

It wasn't so long ago that Saturdays meant sleeping in and going to brunch. Now it means changing diapers and calling posion control because the dog age the baby's gas medication.

Re: It wasn't so long ago that...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah I would have probably been drinking by now too :(.
  • Options

Day drinking was basically my only hobby. Guess it's time to learn some crafts and shit.

Bah aha OR day drinking + crafts to boost yor creativity factor
    Bottle cap art?!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sighhh... Saturday mornings, DH and I would sleep in and get brunch at our favorite place. I also miss the dinners when we'd get yummy cheese and crusty bread from Whole Foods and just picnic in the living room while drinking wine and cuddling over a Redbox rental.

Now I scarf down dinner and breakfast as fast as I can between breastfeeding, and spend any free time while LO sleeps cleaning my house, doing laundry, or washing my pumping parts. All worth it, though :-)
  • Options
    Saturdays meant bowling drunk with our friends or going hiking. Not to mention sleeping in way late and taking many naps throughout the weekend. Now I ask, what is a nap? What is free time? I love my DS, but I miss having time to myself and not having to think/worry about anyone else.

• Options
    hordolhordol member
    Meh this time last year we just went out to eat too often and I would have two drinks at night instead of one. I wasn't very exciting prebaby. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

• Options
    scarlesscarles member
    This whole post makes me miss cocktails :( we used to spend weekends in the french quarter bar hopping. Good times.
  • Options
    This time last year we would've slept until at least 10, ate breakfast at our favorite diner, day drink all afternoon on our deck and then have our friends over for a fire at night....today I was up at 6am and walked around in circles for hours in my living room trying to calm down a very cranky boy...and now it's 6pm and I'm ready for it to be bedtime....
  • Options
    We still go to the same diner every weekend and still sit at the counter. DD is quiet popular and the little old ladies love to see her.

But we were pretty boring before, now we are boring and tired.
  • Options
    Wknds I'd either be working, having bonfires with booze, hiking with my fur baby and SO, or just chilling. Now I'm up at 2a and 5a...and again at 730a for feedings/diaper changes. Huge adjustment.
  • Options
    Time hop told me last year today I was at an Irish bar, 3 years ago a wine your, 4 years ago I was patio hopping for my 21st birthday, and 7 years ago today was senior prom. I have a love hate relationship with time hop!
  • Options
    Weekends meant either working or hanging out at our pool with good drinks and good friends. Happy about the not working part, miss hanging out at the pool and with friends. LO gets her last cast off on Weds, then we will be able to enjoy the FL life that we love.
  • Options
    I miss it when my whole Sat and Sun were about eating, drinking and working out. I was so naive then. I also miss my husband sometimes even though I see him every day. Right now I just feel like we are just roommates passing in the night as we hand off baby or engage our other two. Looking forward to a date night with LO gets on some sort of schedule. All that being said, love being a mom! Best job ever.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"