Trouble TTC

Introduction...Backwards-style!

Hello All!

I would like to join you fine ladies on this board! I have been on the IF board for 6 months+, because I stupidly opted to directly go to IVF thinking it is the surest and easiest way to get pregnant seeing that all tests were clear. Well, Negative. BFN. I am 38 and my issue is poor egg quality. My first IVF I had 9 eggs retrieved, 7 fertilized, two arrested, and 5 abnormal. Needless to say, I did not even get to transfer. So the RE increased the meds, and we got 7 eggs, 5 fertilized which we PGD'ed and only ONE normal. We had to freeze the embryo since I developed PML. Onto a thaw cycle the following month~ first beta was 54, 3 days later 11. Diagnosis: Biochemical pregnancy; whatever that means because my RE did not have the courtesy to try and fit me in before I left to my country, which was 6000 miles away. I had traveled especially to this clinic in the USA. Not only that, he wouldnt even do a WTF phonecall. But that is another story.

So...since I had two traumatic experiences that spanned 5 months in total, I thought I would try clomid. The RE in my country, who's is a trip, put me on 50mg to begin with, and I had 4 follicles. He then babbled about the fact that the US diagnosed me with DOR when I easily responded to clomid. Well, another BFN. So, I had my WTF appointment today, and I talked about the possibility of increasing the clomid to 100mg to try and get more follicles seeing that my issue is quality. He said no, that he things my "cure" would be IVF. Then, he said we would try a "Long Protocol", as opposed to the 2 antagonist ones I had in the US. I have no clue what Long Protocol is, but it starts with a nasal spray on day 21 of your next period!! Anyone every hear of that nasal spray thing? But that is not the only question; he also told me we cannot do anything in this cycle as I need to let the follicles I developed from the clomid 'die'. So we need to skip a cycle. Anyone every heard of this? I feel like Im in the twilight zone!!

Thank you very much ladies...Im feeling really down :(

Re: Introduction...Backwards-style!

• You've been through a lot and I'm sorry for your loss. I don't have any experience with IVF, but I hope that you see results this time. Don't be afraid to ask your doctor these questions. If they can't give a clear answer that you understand and are comfortable with, find a new doctor. You're paying them, so you should get what you need out of it, and that includes more than treatments, tests, and results.

What do you do as a hobby? I always find I feel a little better when I'm not completely focused on IF. I hope you have better success in the future and you find comfort in something.
    Love 2010 | Marriage 2011 | TTC #1 since 2012
    PCOS | Anovulatory | Metformin + Letrozole
  • Welcome, though sorry you are experiencing IF. :(

Sorry, too, that I don't really have any advice about IVF. It sounds like your current RE needs to spend some time walking you through his reasoning and explaining things to you, especially since you had a negative experience with the previous RE and may be feeling less than trusting of their profession!

If it helps, a chemical pregnancy is when an embryo implants enough to produce measurable HCG in the mother's body, but it miscarries before it develops to the point where the heartbeat can be observed or where any of its growth (gestational sac) can be seen on an ultrasound. I'm sorry you experienced this, it must have felt really upsetting to see the HCG number go down like that.

I hope your current RE has satisfactory explanations for you, or if not perhaps a second opinion will give you more confidence in a new doctor. Either way, good luck!!
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't know about the nasal spray but I just wanted to say we went backwards too because of sperm count improving. We did 2 rounds of IVF now doing IUI
    I wish you the best
    Me 39, DH 40
    Male Factor (severe oligospermia) 
    IVF#1-December 2013: Conversion Protocol @ SIRM, Canceled on day 10 of stims due to poor response
    IVF#2- February 2014:  Estrogen Priming Conversion Protocol @ SIRM (ER 2/22: (9R, 7M, 4F, All arrested, nothing to trasnfer)
    IUI#1-May 28, 2014- 100mg clomid, HCG Trigger, 100mg progesterone oral--BFN
    IUI#2-June 24, 2014- non medicated, HCG 2,500mg x 4 doses (over a week), Endometrium- BFN
    Suprise BFP- September 1, 2014- miscarriage at 5 weeks. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"