October 2014 Moms
Options

It's official

I had my OB appointment yesterday, and since we're having twins I asked if the EDD changes at all. He worded it kinda funny, but said that the week count doesn't change, so my due date is still Oct 2nd, but they won't let me go past 38 weeks (Sept 18th). So I guess I'll end up being a September momma! Our 5 year wedding anniversary is September 19th, and my niece's birthday is the 19th as well, so it's a really busy time in our family. 

I would like to stick around the October board, because they are developing right along with the rest of the October mommas, if that works for the rest of you!

From everything we can tell, both twins are still doing well, and are moving A TON. My OB had a hard time getting the second heartbeat because of all the thumping from movement.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the weekend!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: It's official

• Options
    jesslinnnjesslinnn member
    edited May 2014
    Definitely stay. We'll have quite a few moms deliver in September. Glad you had a good Appointment. :)
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats on the good news, and I'd say stick around - especially if you are already comfortable with this board.

Lilypie - (urRB)

• Options
    Yeah, stay! Congrats on your healthy babes!

Our 5th anniversary is Sept 18 :)
  • Options
    Congrats
  • Options
    Congrats!! Excuse my ignorance, but why won't they let you go past 38 weeks? I always thought most multiples wouldn't make it to 40 weeks but I never knew they didn't let you go to 40 weeks
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lrobi13lrobi13 member
    Yep. You can stay. I'm due 10 / 1 so I may be a September momma too. So glad the babies are looking good.
  • Options
    MrsL2BMrsL2B member
    I'm glad the babies are doing well!
  • Options
    Great news!  Stick around for sure!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Please stick around where you feel comfortable. I have a Nov EDD but before it was changed I had made connections here. So this is where I am. I due check the Nov. BMB every once in a while. Just to see what they are doing.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Kendrav4 said:
    Congrats!! Excuse my ignorance, but why won't they let you go past 38 weeks? I always thought most multiples wouldn't make it to 40 weeks but I never knew they didn't let you go to 40 weeks
    I'm not exactly sure, and my OB didn't really clarify, but I did some limited research and something about the rate of stillbirth goes up at 38 weeks, and maybe the placenta deteriorating earlier? I'm not sure if this is true with fraternal twins or just identical, but if anyone has any other good information/resources, I'm all ears!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Glad your twins are doing well!

Stick around here.  I'm sure a lot of us will be having babies in September.  NBD!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yay for healthy twins! Definitely stick around! My due date was changed to September also but I could deliver in either and I'm sure many moms here will end up having sept babies and god forbid, even earlier. Plus, this board is way better :)

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

Kendrav4 said:

I'm not exactly sure, and my OB didn't really clarify, but I did some limited research and something about the rate of stillbirth goes up at 38 weeks, and maybe the placenta deteriorating earlier? I'm not sure if this is true with fraternal twins or just identical, but if anyone has any other good information/resources, I'm all ears!

I had a friend who just had fraternal twins and they induced her at 37 weeks because of the increased risk of still birth.
    P.S. twins are awesome! (My mom was told she couldn't have kids. Then found out she was pregnant with my brother and I)
  • Options
    I've always just figured that the twins would run out of space/be harder to deliver if they went all the way to 40 weeks. Like a higher chance of c-section?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    There's a pretty good chance I will deliver in September (Oct 3rd due date, but complete previa), but I still hang around here because this is where I started out, and everyone is developing along the same lines. Plus who wants to get used to a new group halfway through? :)
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Great news that the twins are doing well! And definitely stick around!

• Options
    I'm due in Sept but have stayed here since it's where I started:) Congratulations
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"