May 2014 Moms

Clogged duct! Help!

Hey ladies! So I'm EP. I noticed two days ago my right boob was starting to get really hard at the top and also it hasn't been producing more than an ounce every time I pump. The lump is about the size of a lemon almost now and I've tried everything! Heat, massaging til it hurts, you name it I've done it. It's now starting to get warm and the pain is worse. Help!

Re: Clogged duct! Help!

• Junebug060609Junebug060609 member
    edited May 2014
    Can your baby latch? They are the best at getting clogs out. I have some pointers for clog relief if he can latch...

Have you tried taking a warm shower and then massaging it as you pump? What kind of pump do you have?

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• I had the same problem last week, I EP as well but decided to try and get baby on to latch and sure enough as soon as she did it was gone! But be careful because that night I developed mastitis on the other side and never have been in so much pain, far worse than my c section pain! Good luck! Feel better!
  • Loading the player...
  • Warm shower then pumping helped mine. Plus ice packs after nursing or pumping. And continuing to nurse that side as long as I could stand.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • THD7580THD7580 member
    Thanks ladies! No he hasn't been able to latch only with the shield. Will it still work with the shield? I've tried everything you all have suggested and it's so painful even the massaging now ten times worse. I've had one before towards the nipple I was able to get out in about ten min but this one is just awful!
  • haylo33haylo33 member
    I had a clogged duct and I have to use a shield. It resolved after feeding even while using the shield. It just took a day and lots of Ice packs/ibuprophen
  • Check out Kellymom.com- some helpful advice!

Mommy to three beautiful boys! 
    Benjamin Michael 5/17/10
    Lucas Gabriel 3/26/12
    Graham Jonathan 5/1/14

• Please see your OB if it is really painful - especially warm. You can get a bad infection (speaking from experience). I had to get an antibiotic the first week. No fun.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

My Hooligans.....Samuel Brice-Fritzgerald (6/30/10) and Payton Elizabeth (7/23/08)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

FEB SIGGY CHALLENGE
    favorite wedding picture

• There is some good advice on lucieslist.com as well. I agree with seeing your OB as well, could get much worse if you get an infection or abscess. Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"