Trouble TTC
Options

Intro loss mentioned

I've been lurking for awhile but I have really supportive friends and family so I've been mainly leaning on them for support but I've had a really rough week and I feel like I'm burdening them especially after my latest news ended with my MIL showing up unannounced crying on my shoulder about my own problems. DH and I have been married 8 yrs. We had a m/c at 6 weeks when we had been married 6 months. We bounced around between NTNP, condoms and BCP for 5 yrs until I was diagnosed with endometriosis. My obgyn put me on nuvaring continously to help starve off the endometrium. I also went back to school FT around that time so since I was feeling like a new woman we let it ride until Oct 2013 when we decided it was time to TTC. I went back to my obgyn to see what he recommended for us because of the endometriosis. He said to remove the nuvaring and he put me on Provera for 10 days to reset everything. I then began to have perfectly painless 28 day cycles. It was so normal I called the Dr's office back to tell them something must be wrong lol. I skipped AF 5/14 but every urine test on the market gave me a bfn. When I was a week late I called the obgyn just to see what they thought I should do. They told me to wait a few more days then call back if AF didn't come. They told me that it was possible to test positive on a blood test even if the urine test was negative. DH and I of course couldn't wait until after the weekend so we went to the urgent care center for a blood test and it was negative. The Dr there also ran my tsh level and told me to follow up with my obgyn about a possible cyst. My obgyn didn't find a cyst but told me I didn't ovulate in April or May and told me that I could start clomid. Also I am waiting to get in with an endocrinologist about my 3.81 tsh level. I feel like I've been on a roller coaster and I just don't feel in my heart like it's time to start clomid yet so I am trying to wait it out and hope ovulation starts again.
Anniversary

Re: Intro loss mentioned

• Options
    Even with supportive friends and family they still dont completely get it. Im lucky enough that I have a wonderful friend at work who is going through the same thing so we really do lean on each other. I was ttc for about a year before I decided to see my ob. He said I wasnt ovulating every month and suggested clomid. At first I was hesitant because of the stigma of having to use medicines to get pregnant. However, in the long run if what you really want is a baby then you have to give yourself every opportunity. Id take just about any drug they gave me at this point if it meant getting the desired outcome. If you dont think its time hold off. You have to do whats right for you.
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss and struggles, welcome.

Be sure to ask your OB Ltd. Of questions about Clomid to ensure that he or she does proper monitoring. I would probably just opt to see a reproductive endocrinologist about the tsh, and then also get to discuss moving on to medications, if needed

4 Losses (2003, 2008, Apr 2012, & Oct 2012)
    All RPL and IF testing with multiple REs = normal

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was wondering about a reproductive endocrinologist. I'm just still processing that it's not going to happen on my own and trying to find the next step for DH & I.
    Anniversary

• Options
    An RE is a great resource and much better than an OB for IF. I am so sorry you're going through all this. (hugs)
    Love 2010 | Marriage 2011 | TTC #1 since 2012
    PCOS | Anovulatory | Metformin + Letrozole
  • Options
    Welcome. I'm sorry for your loss. I also would recommend moving to a RE if you are going to use any fertility meds. That way you are getting proper monitoring.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Options
    welcome to the board. i agree with the others that an RE is truly the best person to see. good luck!

Missed M/C natural cycle 10/2013

DX PCOS 3/2014

2 cycles Clomid 50 mg + Ovidrel + TI

1 cycle Clomid 50 mg + TI - no response stair-stepped to Clomid 75 mg + Ovidrel + TI

1 cycle Clomid 50 mg + Ovidrel + IUI

1 cycle Letrozole 7.5 mg + 150 mg Follistim + Ovidrel + TI

1 cycle Letrozole 7.5 mg + 150 mg Folistim + Ovidrel + IUI

1 cycle Letrozole 7.5 mg + 150 mg Follistim  - no response, repeated Letrozole 7.5 mg + 150 mg Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI = success! 12/2014

Beta 1 - 15 dpiui, 324, Beta 2 - 17 dpiui 750. Twins!!

My Blog: pcosandpizza.blogspot.com

• Options
    Welcome and I'll join the RE echo. It's a big step. It's an acknowledgement that this is real, but you will not regret going. Good luck.
    Me: 34 | He: 40
    TTC since 08/2012
    DX: DOR

• Options
    I'm sorry that you've been through this tough journey so far. We waited 5 years to get testing and treatment. I won't say I regret it, because we just had to go at the pace that made sense for us, but I will also say that seeing an RE and being able to hand over our worries to his expertise feels like putting a dark, confusing time behind us and starting a new chapter in our lives. It brings lots of new concerns, too, since it's a complex new process, but I am so thankful that we are giving ourselves some real chances of having a child now. Good luck!
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Options
    Welcome.. I also agree with the ladies that seeing an RE is the best thing to do. My obgyn really didn't help me at all and I finally feel like I'm getting some answers and some help with my new RE. I am so sorry for what you are going through.

Me (30) DH (31) Married 5/13, TTC since 2/13
    BFP #1 Blighted Ovum resulting in D&C on 11/1/13
    BFP #2 Ectopic Pg, lap surgery on 3/12/14, R tube removed

BFP # 3, EDD 2/21/15 * please be our rainbow*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"