Nurseries and Baby Gear

Nursery Bedding DIY??

Have any of you made your own nursery bedding? Ive been looking at a few but nothing really comes close to what I want without paying $300 on it and i dont feel like spending $300 on bedding that my child is probably going to poop and puke on lol I am not very far but still planning ahead while I still have the tiem to make bedding when I find out the sex

Re: Nursery Bedding DIY??

• dogperson11dogperson11 member
    edited May 2014
    We registered for fitted sheets and a crib skirt. Bumpers aren't recommended anyway and the quilts that come in sets don't really get used either.

I don't have enough confidence in my sewing ability to make a crib sheet that fits just right, and you want them snug so they don't pull off and become a hazard.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • asm07asm07 member
    Agree with pp. Buying a set isn't worth the money since all you need are a few sets of sheets and maybe a crib skirt. My mom made the skirt and one crib sheet (it fits just as well as the ones I bought in the store, but she's really good at sewing. I could never make one!), but the other two crib sheets I bought at pottery barn kids. I admit I did buy the matching quilt, but that's only because I plan on using it when my daughter is bigger and sleeping in the toddler bed.
  • Loading the player...
  • I bought cute sheets and made my bed skirt. The skirt cost me about $20 in fabric after using a 40% off coupon from hobby lobby and it was easy to make.
    I didn't want bumpers or a quilt because of the dangers of them so I felt a set would be a total waste of money.
  • I made DD and new baby crib sheets, crib skirts, and blankets. I just bought a pattern (simplicity maybe) and it was all pretty easy to make.
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I had custom bedding made through Etsy.  I had a crib skirt made and two bows that tie on the front of the crib that are removable when baby is in the crib.  No bumpers.
  • The entire set I wanted for dd1 (and will use for dd2) was also like $300. I ordered the Mobile and valance and my mother turned the valance into the crib skirt... Did a plain white sheet and other basics! Looked great and not too over the top and cost about $75 for everything. Got the look I wanted with out price tag and unnecessary accessories (blanket and bumper that wouldn't have been used anyway)
  • You should buy the fitted sheets.  You want to make sure they're good and snug.  

We have these:
    (they don't look snug in the photo, but they actually really are).  They're a cotton sateen, and go with everything.

And we have these, which are more of a cotton jersey and we love:

Both of them have washed really well, like dozens and dozens of time on super hot water cycle and in the dryer, and still look nice.

And really... you don't need anything else!  Til they're older, and then you can decide if you want bumper pads.  But wait til it's absolutely safe.  
  • I made fitted sheets and a crib skirt. They fit really well and turned out exactly as I wanted. I used A,y Butler's book little stitches for little ones. https://www.amazon.com/Amy-Butlers-Little-Stitches-Ones/dp/0811861287

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"