January 2015 Moms
Options

US Scheduling Frustration!!!

I have my first prenatal exam on 6/10 and I called to see if they would be doing an ultrasound that day (deciding whether to bring DH to appt) and they told me they don't have a ultrasound machine on site.  At my appointment they will give me the script for a place to get one.  Being the overplanner I am, I called the Ultrasound location that the OB said they use to make sure they will take my insurance.  They do.  The frustrating part is I can't schedule the US appt until after my initial OB appt and then it could take several weeks to get in for the US.  This also means I'll have to miss additional work which I am trying to avoid this early on since I don't get any sick/vacay/personal time.  GGGrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!  Oh, and I want to cry over this which is stupid and hormonal.  That is all for now.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: US Scheduling Frustration!!!

• Options
    I understand being anxious to see the baby and make sure that everything is fine, but I think your experience is actually pretty common. It seems like many people just see their OB or even a nurse without an ultrasound for the initial appointment. It's also not uncommon for a doctor to schedule ultrasounds at a different location. They will make sure that you are seen when you need to be seen.
    ******************************************** siggy warning ******************************************

image image

Married July 2011 * TTC #1 since 8/12 * Me: 29 DH: 29
    21 Cycles TI: BFNs
    DX: Stage 2 Endo, uterine polyps and paratubal cysts removed
    2/14: IVF #1 Lupron Protocol = 12R/10M/9F, no frosties; transferred one 3BB blast = BFN
    4/14: IVF #2 Antagonist Protocol = 18R/16M/15F/6 frosties; transferred one 4BB blast = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (5/12) = 232 Beta #2 (5/16) = 886 Beta #3 (5/20) = 3168
    EDD 1/18/15 It's a BOY 

~~~~~~ All Are Welcome ~~~~~~

• Options
    Check out an alternate u/s location that's more flexible with your schedule..as long as you have the script and they take your insurance you can shop it around..ideally a doc appt in the morning with the u/s after would be awesome..good luck..
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Curbs12Curbs12 member
    How annoying! I feel your pain, girl. During my first pregnancy I had the same situation. For my second pregnancy I changed doctors and they have ultrasound machines in every room, so I got lucky on that one!
  • Options
    I am actually thinking about a different OB.  Right now I currently see a midwife but I'm hearing some things that she is just waaay to overbooked and in the long run may be passing off her patients to over midwives.  The whole point of a midwife is to get the more personal care during pregnancy even if it means giving up things like a modern medical facility.  If I'm going to lose the advantage of a midwife due to an over busy office I may as well go to a Dr.'s office, be just a number but have all the modern medical marvels I could want.  When i called the US place today they said I couldn't schedule the appt until after they get a faxed script from my OB, which they won't get until AFTER my OB visit.  I know I'm probably just being a dumbass but I just feel like I'm getting left blowing in the wind.  I have never been thru this before so I need a dr/midwife who can guide me thru.  It may not be a big deal to them but it's a big friggin deal to me!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

I have my first prenatal exam on 6/10 and I called to see if they would be doing an ultrasound that day (deciding whether to bring DH to appt) and they told me they don't have a ultrasound machine on site.  At my appointment they will give me the script for a place to get one.  Being the overplanner I am, I called the Ultrasound location that the OB said they use to make sure they will take my insurance.  They do.  The frustrating part is I can't schedule the US appt until after my initial OB appt and then it could take several weeks to get in for the US.  This also means I'll have to miss additional work which I am trying to avoid this early on since I don't get any sick/vacay/personal time.  GGGrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!  Oh, and I want to cry over this which is stupid and hormonal.  That is all for now.

This is how it was with my dd. Ultrasounds done at the hospital. Sucks, but it is what it is.
  • Options
    I understand. I lost the overplanner in me three weeks ago when i found out about this bean. The toddler. The job. The hisband. The house. Have to just let it lose and do what i can and survive all things basic with Morning sickness in tow. If i let my to do list and plan rule me id go nuts. But thats just me.

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"