Multiples

2 swings?

We already have one portable swing we plan on using and I'm wondering if a swing is one of the things I should have two of. Do you have two swings? Or do you just switch off? Neither of my other two kids cared too much for the swing so I'm wondering if it's worth investing in a second one. They both could take or leave it. I'm just not sure. TIA!

Re: 2 swings?

• I wouldn't buy two but neither of mine like the swing. If they both had liked it my plan was to borrow another or buy it after they came. Unfortunately they don't, I'd love a place to put them down that they would be happy in!
  • chickaboo1974chickaboo1974 member
    edited May 2014
    I didn't buy swings- I planned on borrowing one and seeing if they liked it.  We were gifted two travel swings (at Christmas)when the boys were months old.  We tried them out- they both hated it.  So I would hold off on buying another- see if one or both enjoy it.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I would wait and see if they both like the swing. We have a full sized swing upstairs and got a second, smaller one for downstairs. They both love the swing. I actually wish I had a third so I had two downstairs.
  • 24karat24karat member
    I would wait. The only things you really need two of are car seats, sleeping arrangements (cribs, RNPs/bassinets if you use them), and high chairs. Both mine like the swing but we only have one. It's worked fine for us.

I generally recommend that you figure out what they like and you could really use 2 of (things they will be using at the same time consistently) before buying duplicates.
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • We're sticking with one swing, one bouncy and then the MamaRoo a friend bought us.  I figured they can take turns, if it gets to the point that they both love something more than the other two we will probably consider buying a second of something.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We're taking a chance and bought a second one, but I bought both used.
  • edited May 2014
    Don't buy two of anything until you find out what your kids like.

Together 6 wonderful years.
    TTC #1 18 months 1 loss DX unexplained IF-- BFP July 2009-- ITS A BOY
    TTC #2 3 years and 3 losses DX PCOS -- BFP April 2013-- TWIN BOYS!
    ~DS1-Feb 2010~ 
    ~DS2&3- Nov 2013  {7 weeks early}~ TTC #4~
  • I have 3 kids and have purchased zero swings. They're big and bulky and I didn't want to take up the space if we didn't need to.

Bouncers on the other hand - crucial.

• ks3pinkks3pink member
    Swings saved my life! They spent sooooo much time in their swings and loved it!!!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My boys napped in their swings until 11 months.
    ~TTC since July 2010~
    CD3 Bloodwork:Normal 
    HSG-Clear 
    SA:Low Morph 
    IVF with ICSI #1: ER 12/16 (4 ER/3 Mature/0 Fertilized) 
    IVF with ICSI #2: ER 5/17 (4 ER/4 Mature/3 Fertilized)/ET 5/20 (2 embryos transferred)-BFN 
    IVF with PICSI #3: ER 9/8 (11 ER/8 Mature/7 Fertilized)/ET 9/13 (2 AA blastocysts transferred) 
    Beta#1, 9/26/12: 719 Beta#2, 9/28/12: 1,436 Beta#3, 10/1/12: 3,446
    1st u/s on 10/10/12: It's Twins! We found out on 12/16/12 that we were having two BOYS!
    C & D were born on 5/16/13 at 10:46 am and 10:47 am

imageimage
  • Sometimes I wish I had two swings because it would have been easier to put both down for a while to swing but I don't think you really NEED two. We just switched who was in the swing and cuddled the other. But like everyone else said I would get one and see if your babies like them!

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ntdanentdane member
    We started out with one swing from DS1 and it took awhile for either of my twins to like it. Now at 15 weeks they both fall asleep for naps easier and stay sleeping longer in the swing so I am going to borrow a second one to try coordinating some of their naps :). Like some pp's we started with just one of a few things like the rnp and bouncer and added a second as needed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We had two that we used the first couple of months. I bought them cheap on consignment. I didn't want to pay full price in case they didn't like them because my singleton hated it.
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We have a swing and a glider and the boys love them! My husband was just saying today how glad he is that we have two, the bouncers on the other hand they don't love. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• We can't live without our swings. They were both given to us as hand me downs. If I had to buy them I probably would have just bought one to start with just to make sure the kiddos liked them.

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"