August 2014 Moms
Options

NBR - Bridal Shower

Need some help on what to do. I was invited to a bridal shower for DH's cousin and I don't know if I should bring DD or not. DH opened the invite so I don't know if it was just addressed to me or if you even put a toddler's name on an invite (DD is 13 months). We don't see that side of his family much and they are always saying they wished they saw DD more. I don't mind either way but I don't want to bring her if the bride doesn't want kids there. Is it rude to ask her sister (who is hosting the event)? I don't trust my MIL to ask the bride's mother. She would either tell me to bring DD just because she wants to see her or ask in a way that made it seem like DD had to be invited.

Thanks ladies. I would ask the shower board but I don't know if I'm breaking some etiquette rule by even asking. If I'm going to get flamed I'd rather it be here :)

Re: NBR - Bridal Shower

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What pp have said. I have never been to a bridal shower where there are any children though, and I have been to my fair share.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    shevaCCshevaCC member
    What PPs said. I would ask assuming no, just to make sure.
  • Options
    ebp913ebp913 member
    Baby shower, maybe but I wouldn't at a bridal shower.  Too many breakable items, etc.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    I would ask it really depends on the bride. At my bridal shower I had my little cousins there. They were one and three at the time, but I wanted them there! My shower was more casual and laid back, so I didn't care!

imageimage

• Options
    Thanks ladies! I figured my family was abnormal. We invite kids to everything but most showers are pretty casual. That's why I didn't want to just show up with DD.
  • Options
    I would ask the host. Even baby showers I think the host should be asked. Because if one guest has four children the host would only be expected on guest and may end up with five (eating food and cake) etc. Its only poliet to ask unless clearly stated children welcomed.
  • Options
    Definitely ask the host.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"