April 2014 Moms
Options

Best workouts/exercises for C-section mamas

Whatcha got, ladies? I need some ideas...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Best workouts/exercises for C-section mamas

• Options
    I'm a c-section mama too.  Definitely not an expert here, but I can tell you that it was too early to go back to yoga this week.  I went to a super easy yoga class on Tuesday and it was so painful.  I think I'm going to try aqua aerobics and aqua zumba to build up some muscles in a low-impact way first.  I've also been doing a lot of walking.  I'd love to hear ideas from other people too.

BFP #1: EDD 12.28.12 - MC @ 6w3d | BFP #2: EDD 11.15.13 - D&C @ 12w4d
    BFP #3
    Superbaby born 4.5.14 | Just When You Least Expect It...

• Options
    I went to yoga on Wednesday and actually did ok (just couldn't do the boat pose on my belly). I tried to do a plank this morning and that sucked. I did find this website with a few good exercises:

I would also like to hear from others.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been walking and hiking with my dog and baby in the carrier almost daily pending the weather. I'm 7w post partum and just got cleared to resume normal activity and I'm going to attempt to go back to my CrossFit box tonight for a workout. I worked out until 40w and the night before surgery so I may be a bit ahead of the game.

My goal is to start out slow and build up to things.

BFP #1 11/19/12  EDD: 7/25/13  Natural MC on 12/31/12 at 10w4d

BFP#2 3/1/13   EDD: 11/5/13   Missed MC 4/9/13 at 10w   D&C 4/11/13  
    Baby #2 diagnosed with Trisomy 16. Diagnosed Hetero MTHFR.

BFP#3 8/5/13   EDD: 4/13/14   Team Green Turned Team Blue! Our rainbow baby, Griffin R arrived via c-section (breech since 20w) on 4/11/14. 

.image            

~~Everyone Always Welcome~~

• Options
    I'm 6 1/2 weeks pp and I've been walking and doing some light jogging with a little bit of Pilates and squats. Still have about 15-20 lbs to lose :(
  • Options
    steph1977 said:
    I'm 6 1/2 weeks pp and I've been walking and doing some light jogging with a little bit of Pilates and squats. Still have about 15-20 lbs to lose :(

Me exactly. How did your jogs feel? I could feel some pain and pulling on my incision....some soreness mostly. Idk whether to run through it or stop....I kind of assume its just gonna hurt for awhile. I'm six weeks pp monday
  • Options
    I'm afraid to start running, but I really want to try it! Ugh, thought my recovery was going well and now I'm doubting myself. I know it will take time.

• Options
    I really want to start swimming laps, but feel like a bad mom leaving my baby in his stroller for an hour while I swim at our community pool. Not to mention I'm petrified of baby-snatching even though it's a private complex. Lately, we've been running a lot of errands and walking around the mall. I figure that counts, plus he doesn't get overheated or exposed to direct sunlight that way.
  • Options
    I have just been jogging. Wanting to get back into crossfit though
  • Options

steph1977 said:

Me exactly. How did your jogs feel? I could feel some pain and pulling on my incision....some soreness mostly. Idk whether to run through it or stop....I kind of assume its just gonna hurt for awhile. I'm six weeks pp monday

I don't feel pain, just very jiggly in my boobs and belly. Try not to push it -- I usually start to walk when I feel really uncomfortable.
  • Options
    My jog yesterday was not as bad as I thought it would be! I did 3 min walk/5 min run intervals, so I ended up running 15 minutes! I never thought that would be such a big deal to me, lol. Today my quads are sore!

• Options
    katy4128katy4128 member
    edited June 2014
    I have mainly been walking a ton. Im jealous of you ladies who are jogging. I would have to probably wear about 3 sports bras to keep my new giant boobs from going all over the place. :((

Edited: stupid phone problems

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/69/1a18c2e7532600b237c0ccef11ba85.jpeg

Proud Mommy of Derek Michael

April 8, 2014 9lb 6oz 21 inches

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"