May 2014 Moms

Anyone else find it hard to sleep during the day?

I'm not sure why but I have yet to take a real nap while DD sleeps during the day. She is 19 days old.
I'm not sure why I can't sleep- before baby I could nap no problem. I know that if I got some rest during the day the nights might not be as stressful, but I just can't.
Anyone else have this problem?

Re: Anyone else find it hard to sleep during the day?

• haylo33haylo33 member
    I haven't taken a nap since I had him. By the time I would fall asleep, it would be time for another feeding. I do sleep in. Some days I don't get out of bed until 10
  • Loading the player...
  • I find it hard. I've never been a great napper anyways, so I have to be super tired to actually be able to sleep during the day. I do sleep in when I can though. My son likes to go a nice long stretch of sleep after his feeding at around 7 am, so staying in bed until 9 or 10 am helps me catch up a bit.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • kalettekalette member
    edited May 2014
    Yes. But the 2 year old might have something to do with it. I only have a chance of napping if they both decide to nap at the same time.
    But it hasn't been too bad, DD sleeps 10-11 he's at night and DS slept for 7 last night (though usually its only 4 at a time).
  • Yes! I was a napper too before and I am struggling to fall asleep when she does! This makes for rough nights and it's only getting worse bc the no sleep is adding up! :-( and I don't have an excuse - ftm and dh is doing all the chores and making dinner!
    image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I prefer to getting things around the house done if DH is home to watch him. Otherwise I browse on hmm computer or watch tv.
  • I try to nap.. But it doesn't work out so well, something always comes up, like washing bottles, doing laundry, the phone rings, the dogs need to go out. I have to tell myself that those things can wait and then I'm able to sleep for like 20mins.
  • jenb_99jenb_99 member
    I can and will sleep anytime I get the chance. I live for naps.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• amrokeamroke member

The other problem I have is that every time I try to lie down I swear I hear her crying. I'll get up and open the door to see if DH needs my help, and she'll be fast asleep. It's freaky, like her cries are just playing on repeat in my head. 

I totally hear phantom baby cries too! Happened with both kids. Only really happens when I'm half asleep/dozing off.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • haylo33 said:

I haven't taken a nap since I had him. By the time I would fall asleep, it would be time for another feeding. I do sleep in. Some days I don't get out of bed until 10

This exactly! One of his main sleep blocks is 7-10 so I take it, but I never sleep during the rest of the day when he does.

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• It's so hard to sleep with housework. I guess i'm more anal about the house than I realized.

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"