September 2014 Moms
Options

Constant baby movement!

Ok so I am totally not trying to complain, but this baby movement is insane! Of course we all wait so long for those first feelings, flutters, pops, etc. Well now at 26.4 weeks, this little guy is making his presence known all day and all night! I constantly feel twirls, swirls, pokes, and sometimes good thumps. I love it but almost find it tiring. Can't explain but it is like it takes my breath away a little bit. Am I terrible for wanting the nugget to lay off on the gymnastics for a bit? 2.5 more months - wowza!

Re: Constant baby movement!

• Options
    ok I'm glad you posted this. i was getting worried a little too because I'm still only  at 23 weeks and i feel him constantly poking at me like every 10 minutes and then it will stop for a little bit. it feels like kicking but i didn't know if it was something else like my uterus tightening in one spot....sounds lame i think but i didn't want to ask because i LOVE the feeling. i just didn't know how often its supposed to happen.
  • Options
    Some days I feel my little guy constantly, other days I get a little worried because I barely feel him at all but he'll push his head or butt out almost like he's saying "still here just having a lazy day!" But they hit growth spurts now and sleep more sometimes but I defiantly love the days he won't stop shaking it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My little guy is extremely active, and I wondered for a little while if it was normal for him to move that much. He is literally up and moving about 30 minutes after I wake up and he does not stop moving until about 8pm Then he sleeps the whole night (or at least I have never felt him at night - and I don't sleep much these days). There have been a couple of days at work where I have been trying to focus on spreadsheets or whatever and he keeps rockin' out and I've been like, "CUT THAT SHIT OUT!" But generally, I am very excited about feeling it all the time. :D

My doctor was very happy to hear how active he is. I just hope he keeps this night sleeping schedule once he gets here.

;)

• Options
    I'm 24 weeks and I absolutely love feeling my baby move!  When he moves, it makes me sooo happy.  It's kinda like I know he is ok because he is moving.  I love his active days.  Some days, he's not nearly as active and I know that's normal (but I still like his active days). 
  • Options
    You are not terrible for it, I was waiting what felt like forever, and now I am like, ok chill out, I know you are in there. But on the rare occasion that she does cool it, I am like, "Hello, Baby? Are you in there?" 
    This. 

I love that I can now poke my belly gently and most time than not, I will get some kind of response then I feel better. I know she's active during the night, but it's not to the point that my sleep will get disturbed by her.

• Options
    larkin2larkin2 member
    My little guy seems to be a night owl, moving like crazy right before I go to bed. And every time someone in the family tries to feel him, its like he knows and he stays still until they take their hand away, and then he kicks again, like a "ha ha you cant feel me but mommy can!" When I could see it on the outside, I sat down for an hour trying to catch it on video so that those who could never feel him could at least see him :)
  • Options
    I saw a Kate Plus 8 preview on TV and now I can't stop thinking about what it would be like to have 24 arms and legs in there!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love it, but I'm having a hard time because its really distracting! 

Both the US tech and my doctor commented at the last appointment about how "your gonna have your hands full!" I've been wondering if there is any truth to the active inside/active outside old wives tales.....

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love feeling so much movement since it keeps my stupid pgal brain quiet, but she's been doing somersaults all day today and it's making me nauseous. I hope she's getting her crazy out now
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love feeling the movement because it reassures me that everything is alright, but there are some days that I am like wow that is a lot. I can't imagine how its going to be as I continue to get bigger.
    Me 29 DH 30 Unexplained IF TTC since wedding May 2012. IUI #1 11/5/13-BFN.  IUI #2 12/5/13-BFN. IUI #3-12/30/14. All three with Femara CD 3-7 and Ovidrel trigger. +HPT 1/13/14 First +ever!!! Beta #1 195 Beta #2 1/15-533. Ultrasound on 2/4 showed one bean. EDD 9/22/14. Team Green turned Team Blue-Baby Conner arrived on 9/19/14.

• Options
    My little girl super active as well. I feel the same as OP...it's totally awesome but exhausting at times. I also get the "take my breath away" feeling too. I am so grateful for the movement and so happy that she is letting me know she is happy and moving around.

• Options
    knovitski said:
    @pbeckaroo35 -I have been talking to a few people about this recently and I think it can be one of those 50/50 things. A co-worker of mine had an extremely active baby in the womb as well and he has been very laid back his entire life (now 24). My husband was so active in the womb that he ended up as a C-section because he flipped around too much and got wrapped up in the umbilical cord- he is now one of the most chill people I know, so the old wives tale wasn't true in either of those cases. I'm hoping my LO takes after his daddy.
    I actually had a discussion going a couple months ago regarding STMs' experience on activity within the womb versus outside of the womb. It was interesting to hear what everyone had to say!

• Options
    I love feeling my baby girl move. She moves especially when she hears any music doesn't matter what it is.
  • Options
    I think this must be one strong kid because he's had a very active day and now am relaxing watching a movie and he's hitting/kicking me so hard I'm nauseous. I love every thing he does so I'm not really complaining I just wish maybe he would go back to tapping around for a little while so I can eat.
  • Options
    I loved all the movement until about 2 weeks ago when something shifted and baby suddenly started kicking right in the you-know-where. It still happens from time to time and it's quite painful so I could do without that. Otherwise I try to remind myself that feeling baby move is a good thing, even when I'm too distracted to work, watch tv etc ;)
  • Options
    I absolutely love the movement, but I didn't feel my LO until about 24 weeks, so I am probably not quite to that phase yet.  He did wake me up at 4:30 am this morning and I couldn't go back to sleep, but it was pretty cool laying in bed and feeling all of his movement!
  • Options
    My little man is a wiggler. He wakes me up at night sometimes, its like a 24/7 thing. I'm on board with this too sometimes I really want him to calm down then he does and it makes me nervous..he usually only moves when I lay down or sit down but today he was moving while I was standing which DD never did and it felt really weird. I always love to feel him and see my belly wiggle :)
  • Options
    Ah yes - getting kicked "down there" is so fun. Especially in the middle of a business meeting!
  • Options
    My little man is pretty darn active too! To the point that he keeps me awake at night and then wakes me up in the morning. I love it but I'm a bit curious how my ribs and bladder are going to feel about these kicks, punches and elbows in a few months! haha. I was having a meeting with my boss a few days ago and little man was going to town but I kept on with my conversation until my boss said- "OMGOSH your belly wont stop moving! It's like alien in there!". I just chuckled and said "Yea, he tends to do that." I thought it was pretty impressive considering I wear scrubs at work.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"