January 2015 Moms
Options

Accidental announcements

So yesterday my sister randomly calls me and says "Hi, I'm cleaning out my closet and I have a ton of tampons that I don't need anymore.  Do you want them?"

I was flabbergasted and had no time to recover with a good response.  She immediately guessed that I was pregnant.

I have NEVER in my 38 years of life had anyone call me up and ask me if I want tampons.  Who does that?  LOL

Anyone else accidentally let the news slip?
BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Accidental announcements

• Options
    Yep! I did.  To my sis-in-law.  She's pregnant too, so it slipped when I asked her how she was handling the Morning sickness. She said it was over and I asked for fixes. LOL. OOPS!

Rainbow Baby! BFP 02/20/2018 EDD 11/01/2018
    BFP 10/31/2017 EDD 07/09/2018 Miscarriage 11/28/2017
    DD # 1: BFP 5/22/2014  EDD 1/30/2015 Born 02/06/2015
    DS # 1: BFP 7/18/2000 EDD 3/27/2001 Born 4/1/01
  • Options
    Yup to my good friend. I wasn't ready to tell yet, but I called her to b*tch about my H refusing to look at getting a bigger, safer car and she wasn't telling me it was ok and I could wait, but then I let it slip that I'd need it before the new year. Whoops
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DH & I: met 07/07 dating 08/07 engaged 12/09 married 09/11
    EDD Jan 9, 2015

June Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV Dad -
    Phil Dunphy from Modern Family

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    rmpar29rmpar29 member
    My DH did, to my father.  He was concerned about me one night while he was at work and called to ask my dad to call me.  He said I was too upset and pregnant on top of it.  My dad didn't catch it, but my stepmother was listening and caught it.  I was so upset with him!!!
    TTC #3 since 8/2012 image
    DX Endometriosis 2/2002 (lost left tube due to a cyst), PCOS
    6/2010
     BFP - 10/18/2012, EDD - 6/26/2013, Baby Girl lost at 22 weeks (T21), D&E 2/15/2013
    BFP - 4/23/2014, EDD - 1/2/2015 Twin Boys lost at 12 weeks, M/C 6/25/2014

My chart here  All ALers welcome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    June 3Missing Our January Snowflake
  • Options
    My question would have been why doesn't your sister need them anymore????  :-?
    She's 15 years older than me and has gone through menopause

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    peggels24 said:
    My question would have been why doesn't your sister need them anymore????  :-?
    She's 15 years older than me and has gone through menopause
    Ah, that makes sense! Mental note: If anyone offers me feminine hygiene products, tell them I've just stocked up and don't have space for more...  :^o
    At the end of the conversation, I told her to bring them anyway because I'll need them eventually!  LOL

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Haha that is so weird and kind of funny!! I haven't had that happen!
  • Options
    I almost did at work. A lady I worked with was like "I can't wait to be at the beach drinking a beer" I almost said "I wish I could have a beer" but then changed it to "I.....think that sounds lovely!"
  • Options
    letsgoxletsgox member
    My SIL did the same thing, but I wasn't pregnant. I was a little taken aback, but I didn't turn down the free stuff! I don't know that I would've been able to recover either!

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

Jan 15  NOV siggy challenge: 

• Options
    UberBizUberBiz member
    FI did to his mom, we were at the hospital with our son and we were trying to not have to stay overnight, and he was talking on the phone with his mom and apparently he said I was pregnant, and she was like, wait, what!?? he tried to cover it up and say he said "impatient" and she dropped it, but she knew. The rest of the time until we got our u/s the other day, she's been trying to get us to say something lol. Like, the other day she was like, "Oh, Bud said you had some baby stuff to get rid of to put in the garage sale this weekend" and I was like, uuhhhh... lol.
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yep, I did to my friend. She asked if I got a bigger car for more kids and I said yes. Then she asked what DH said about that and I went on to say about how he is excited now but was surprised at first. Not even thinking that she didn't know yet and I was supposed to not say anything. 

• Options
    We were going to a waterpark last night and had our senior Pastor's daughter in the van and I was telling DH we had to sneak in water bc they don't allow outside drinks and he said "you can do whatever you want, your pregnant" and I smacked him and turned around and our pastors teenage daughter totally missed it yay!
  • Options
    mmookimmooki member
    My dad did with my first pregnancy.  My brother was home (he lives in CA, parents live in NY) visiting and my parents had some friends over (close family friends) and my dad was on my brother about being more responsible (brother was 25 at the time) and dad said "now that you are going to be an uncle...."  I wasn't there, but my dad admitted to me he spilled the beans.  This time I've sworn him to secrecy until we tell other people. 
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    MaebbMaebb member
    I would have taken the tampons and stockpiled them for later.

I was telling my mom about a new job opportunity, and it would be more responsibility, but the boss is a woman with two kids, so I think she'd be understanding about work/life balance stuff. I said to my mom, "She has two kids too," and she was like, "TOO? Do you have two kids?" I had to stammer around and explain that I just meant she's a mom too, but I think my mom is suspicious now.
  • Options
    My SMIL handled it for me. We had a cookout over the weekend with extended family over that DON'T know (and we didn't really plan on telling) and we were all sitting around the table and she started making comments about when I have my baby xyz and I looked at her like, "ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?!" and then she realized what she did. She's an air head...
    Jan15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Fails
    TTC Since 4/13 | Me: 28 DH: 29 | DX: PCOS + High T + Arcuate Uterus (11/13)
    Cycle #1+2 (4/13-6/13): Natural Cycles = BFN | Cycle #3+4 (6/13-11/13): Anovulatory (Provera)
    Cycle #5 (11/13-1/14): Femara + Clomid + Follistim = Cancelled | Cycle #6 (1/14-3/14): Benched
    Cycle #7 (3/14-4/14): Femara + Follistim + Estradiol + Pregnyl + Progesterone
    BFP: 4/22/14 | Due: 1/1/15 | TEAM BLUE!

• Options
    A friend of ours gets cases of wine wholesale and he called to confirm I wanted a case before he placed his order.  I fumbled around and had to fess up.  I should have just gone ahead and gotten the case, but it seemed as if it would just mock me for the next 7.5 months. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was in the middle of a conversation with our admin at work and realized I had to throw up IMMEDIATELY. She knew right away (and had seen me running by a few times so suspected already.
    15-weeks-pregnant-baby-sizePregnancy Week 15: 
    You obviously made it to
    home, congrats! Your baby
    is the size of a baseball. 

DS1 July 2012
    MC February 2014
  • Options
    We were visiting my parents in OR this past week and my mom guessed it because I was feeling so crappy from m/s.  Well she loves to show off DD so we went to her office and she announced it to her office… while I was standing there.  Awesome.  I guess I don't see these ladies but once a year, so it's not all that bad, still shocking though. 
                BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @peggels24‌ You had mentioned wanting to tell them right? At least it came up naturally. With close friends I picked a few to tell, the other close friends I will tell if they flat out ask. I kinda ended up in this situation. Not tampon related but still tricky. We had planned a small bday BBQ, but when I started bleeding last week, I was sure it was over and I didn't want to see anyone. I canceled the BBQ, so of course ppl were immediately asking what was going on/if I was okay.
    @fightersince83  Yep, I wanted one of them to ask last week because I was tired of the secret - just never expected it this way LOL

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @jessah127‌ I don't think I'm gonna last much longer at work either! I work with pediatric transplant kiddos and we give some cytotoxic drugs and a lot of our kids have/get tested for CMV quite often... It's only a matter of time before people start putting 2 and 2 together!
  • Options
    I almost let it slip to  friend of ours today... We were at a crawfish boil and he came over to me and whispered "don't let the baby have the punch, it's spiked", I looked at him shocked (thinking my husband had slipped and told him) after a stunned silence I asked if he meant my almost two year old son, to which he replied of course! Since my son is almost two he's not referred to as a baby much anymore. My first thought was to ask if my husband had told him. So glad that I didn't let it slip! 
  • Options
    calindi said:

She's an air head...

This makes me crave Air Heads... Remember those?!
    I definitely bought a bag last week!
  • Options
    Lol, I just posted about a girl outing me on a dreaming yard sale FB group.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My husband couldn't contain himself when he found out.  I was only 4 weeks at the time and he told all his coworkers!  It sort of spiraled out of control after that and now a ton of people know.  There goes my dream of waiting until 12 weeks...lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"