April 2014 Moms
Options

Sudden onset of crying

This morning my daughter (8 weeks) was squirmy but not crying. I picked her up and all the sudden she started crying like she was in pain? She did this a couple times which obviously scared me bc I didn't know what was wrong. I checked all over her to make sure nothing was wrong. Could it be gas? Or something else? I should also mention that at night after her first feeding normally between 1-5 am she is REALLY squirmy.

Re: Sudden onset of crying

• Options
    J&NLJ&NL member
    DS is like that most of the day. He's just a cranky baby, honestly. However, if this isn't normal then it may be gas? DS is very gassy so he doesn't like being messed with at all. 
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • Options
    DD is just over 8 weeks and going through the second leap and has started this as well. It's one of the signs of the second leap along with being more clingy, wanting to be held more etc. It could be gas or she could be going through it too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My guy is 7 weeks & he has started this weird sudden crying too. Wasn't sure if it was gas or him going through the 2nd leap. It is pretty scary, but now we know he starts this up at a specific time in the evening now.
  • Options
    Sounds like gas to me.

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

Natural miscarriage @ 8 weeks - 3/8/2005
    Big Brother "Skippy" born - 2/28/2007
    Missed miscarriage - (EDD 3/5/2013) - D&E @ 11 weeks - 8/8/2012
    "Hen" (EDD 6/7/2013) - born sleeping @ 19 weeks - 1/15/2013
    "G-Unit" born - 4/14/2014 and he's 100% perfection!!
  • Options
    I think gas is a strong candidate.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    sking72sking72 member
    Whenever LO does this, it's either a poop or gas. Poor thing will scream her little head off and then drop a bomb and be totally fine.
    Why do my boobs look so good?image
    Then I peed on a stick...image
  • Options
    I also think I pick up LO too fast and scare him! It could be gas too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"