November 2014 Moms
Options

Uterus feels tight and hard when laying down

I am a FTM so this is all new to me. I will be 18w tomorrow and I noticed last night when I was laying in bed that my uterus felt hard and tight. When I get up and walk around or even sit up or lay on my side it doesn't feel so hard and tight. Is this normal? Could it just be stretching? It doesn't really hurt, I just feel very aware of it when I lay on my back.

I had a mc last October so PGAL brain gets to me every once in awhile.

Thanks for the help

Re: Uterus feels tight and hard when laying down

• Options
    Jpinky9Jpinky9 member
    Thanks @lissydee‌ ! It feels more constant not like it's coming and going like what I thought Braxton hicks would feel like. Although, perhaps this is just a normal change in my body during pregnancy, I just have nothing to compare it to to know if it's normal or not.
  • Options
    Mine is like that too..especially after sex. I can't even stand up straight for a couple minutes after sex.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It sounds like Braxton Hicks to me too but if you are concerned call your doctor. I always say "when in doubt, check it out" :)
  • Options
    Hmm.. just commented on another very similar post, haha, but it's probably either gas or just your stomach generally getting tighter from your uterus getting bigger. Eventually it will probably get to the point that it always feels hard. It's not just Braxton Hicks, it's that your uterus is a big muscle, unlike the fat that usually resides there (unless you generally have a six pack or something). 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's normal. Also, have you noticed that if you bend over like to pick something up it hardens up a bit at times? I just commented on someone else's post too and I was telling them that it just gets a bit weirder like when you lay down and your stomach looks lopsided. Like all the weight is on one side. It's due to the baby swimming around in there.
  • Options
    I'm 14w and I definitely feel what your talking about when I'm laying on my stomach...like when I'm sleeping and I arch by back before turning over..it feels very tight. I've been noticing it more now when I'm up walking around..I'm sure it's normal. There are lots of changes happening now!

IAmPregnant Ticker

First Met: March 13, 2009
    Married: September 13, 2012 
    BFP: March 4, 2014
    EDD: 11/25/2014 
    Three furbabies: Franklin (8) Amos (4) Sasha (2) 

• Options
    Braxton hicks actually start around 8 weeks although you can't feel them yet. Once your belly starts to grow you will feel a hardening/tightening sensation at random times. Although, it should never be painful and regular so definitely call your doc if that happens. Drinking water and lying on my left side always eased them up in my past pg's.
  • Options
    Sounds like braxton hicks. Also, when you are laying down its easier to feel your iterus so it will always feel a bit harder.
    Mom to Carter, Kendall, Kiersten and Baby O #4

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I got this too when I would lay down... sometimes I can feel it and sometimes I can't - I swear it would wake me up at night. I almost like it when I can b/c when I don't feel anything it just feels like flab lol.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"