November 2014 Moms
Options

It Liiiives!

I promise I didn't flake on y'all when I disappeared last month. We had a freak "rain event" at the end of April. We got 6 inches of rain in a single hour and officially 13 inches overnight, although some areas supposedly got as much as 24 inches. Needless to say there was major flooding all over the area. The room our computers were in had some minor flood damage, so between having to move them out to replace the carpet and having our internet cable fried by the ridiculous amount of lightning that night we've been offline until tonight.

Holy mother of God have I missed Google.

Did I miss anything good?

Miney 9/15/10
Mo 11/4/14 
Wait, What?!? - EDD 11/1/19
Mothers get 1 day off

Re: It Liiiives!

• Options
    MaelaraMaelara member
    Welcome back! Being without Internet would have literally killed me.

Oh, you have missed some drama! Wowzers. I'm not overly comfortable posting about it as it has all been settled but I really encourage you to read back.
  • Options
    Welcome back! I hope everything is settled with the storm damage. Our basement flooded last year and it was a huge pain in the ass!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Awwww man that sucks! Glad you are back though! :)

We haven't had too much drama. Maybe read the due date buddy threads.

Nov. '14 January Siggy : Work Sucks!

Me 32-DH 38

Married July 14, 2007  ----- TTC # 1 October 1, 2013
    BFP   March 7, 2014  -----  EDD November 17, 2014 ---- Baby boy born November 16, 2014

• Options
    @meeshybee Welcome back!  Did y'all have any damage at your home?  We got lucky but there was serious flooding not even half a mile from my house.  That was crazy!

image image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @meeshybee‌ oh have you missed some drama!!!! Glad your back!
  • Options
    you should totally check out the thread entitled:

EDD 11/28: Looking for other Moms due the END of November!

It's worth the read!

~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Options
    @meeshybee Welcome back!  Did y'all have any damage at your home?  We got lucky but there was serious flooding not even half a mile from my house.  That was crazy!

@PineApple85 I was thinking of you but couldn't remember your screen name! Glad you're okay!

No major flooding near us, just some water from the yard finding a way into the house. We lost the carpet in our computer room, but thankfully that's all. That was definitely scarier than a lot of hurricanes I've been through. I woman DH works with lost everything so we know how lucky we are!

@DoubleUp8 I did get caught up on the EDD 11/28 thread. Good times, good times.

Miney 9/15/10
    Mo 11/4/14 
    Mothers get 1 day off

• Options
    PineApple85PineApple85 member
    edited May 2014
    meeshybee said:

@PineApple85 I was thinking of you but couldn't remember your screen name! Glad you're okay!

No major flooding near us, just some water from the yard finding a way into the house. We lost the carpet in our computer room, but thankfully that's all. That was definitely scarier than a lot of hurricanes I've been through. I woman DH works with lost everything so we know how lucky we are!

Glad to hear y'all fared well.  Hopefully you got really awesome flooring out of it? :)  We actually slept through it.  I mean, it's Florida - it rains here and we get flood warnings all the time but nothing ever comes of it where we are.  Crazy.

image image image

• Options
    meeshybee said:

Glad to hear y'all fared well.  Hopefully you got really awesome flooring out of it? :)  We actually slept through it.  I mean, it's Florida - it rains here and we get flood warnings all the time but nothing ever comes of it where we are.  Crazy.

We were literally just about to go to bed when the tornado warning came on and said it was passing right over our neighborhood. Thankfully nothing came of it, but I was nervous for a while. We didn't realize water had gotten in until the next morning.
    Miney 9/15/10
    Mo 11/4/14 
    Mothers get 1 day off

• Options
    Holy shish kabobs!  Tornadoes scare the crap out of me.

image image image

• Options
    Glad everything is ok and that you're back!
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    ktibbits1ktibbits1 member
    edited May 2014
    @PineApple85 and @meeshybee‌ I'm guessing you're around Pensacola? I'm from Gulf Breeze. Sounded scary, glad y'all are ok!!

(You don't have to say yes or no, just realized you may not want to reveal where you live! But glad you're ok either way :) )
  • Options
    Welcome back!
    TTC #1 since Oct. 2012 | BFP Feb. 21, 2014!
    imageimage
  • Options
    @ktibbits1‌ Yeah, I'm in Pace. :-) I'm on mobile so I can't see your siggy if you have one. Is this your first? :-)

image image image

• Options
    @PineApple85‌ I'm pretty much always on mobile so no siggy, but yes this is my first (twins actually!) How about you?
  • Options
    welcome back. So glad everything turned out ok. Hate there was flood damage.
  • Options
    ktibbits1 said:

@PineApple85‌ I'm pretty much always on mobile so no siggy, but yes this is my first (twins actually!) How about you?

Wow! Congrats! This is my second. My oldest turns 2 in July. :-)

image image image

• Options
    @ktibbits1 Yes, I'm in Pensacola. I know some parts of Gulf Breeze had flooding too. Glad you're okay!
    Miney 9/15/10
    Mo 11/4/14 
    Mothers get 1 day off

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"