3rd Trimester
Options

Need advice ASAP..... Cholestasis

Hi ladies. I don't post very often but I'm desperate for some advice. I just saw my dr yesterday for my 35 week apt and then last night I became sooooo itchy all over. Today it's terrible, I'm so itchy I feel like my upper body and hands are on fire. I'm supposed to watch for cholestasis bc of complications in my previous pregnancy with DS and from what I know this sounds like it. My Dr is gone for the next 3 days. I don't know what to do. I can go to my gfs clinic tonight and see a walk in, go to my drs office in the AM and see a walk in or call L&D . I feel like it's not an emergency so LD is a little extreme. Any opinions ???
IAmPregnant Ticker
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
All our babies :) xoxox

Re: Need advice ASAP..... Cholestasis

• Options
    I called the after hours line at my OB and the on call doc sent me to L&D (it was a Saturday morning) to get blood work. They also did protein and an NST while I was there and followed up with my OB a few days later when the results were in. The results can take a few days to come back so I'd suggest calling the after hours line/your OB and explain your symptoms to them instead of waiting.

Itching sucks, I'm sorry your stuck in it. Mine showed up really bad 2 weeks ago and just finished a second round of blood work to try to figure out if it is Cholestasis. No real answers here yet. Until you get things figured out you can try warm (not hot) baths, calamine lotions and depending on if you and your DR feel it is safe Benadryl was suggested to me by L&D (not sure if it will help, I have terrible reactions to it so I avoid the stuff)
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • Options
    What PP have said-- call L/D and/or your on-call ob. In the meantime, pay attention to the baby's movement. I'm having the same issues and while they are waiting for bloodwork results, they did a non-stress test on the baby to make sure he is doing ok.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"