September 2014 Moms

RhoGam with second baby

I'm O- and received RhoGam at 28 weeks with my first baby and after delivery because he was O+. I'm pregnant with my second and asked my doctor if I would receive RhoGam at my next appointment (27 or 28 weeks). He said he was drawing my blood to check for antibodies and it would be at my next appointment (I'm assuming 32 weeks). I've done some research online and the AMA recommends no later than 28 weeks but it didn't differentiate between a first or second pregnancy. Does anyone have experience with this? I just don't think I'm comfortable waiting until 32 weeks.
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: RhoGam with second baby

• You can be exposed to your baby's blood in the third tri--the highest risk for exposure occurs during birth as mother and baby blood do not mix while baby is in utero. This is why the AMA suggests before the 28 week mark. I would trust your doctor, but give a call if you're concerned. You def will need the shot in third tri for all subsequent pregnancies...and again around the time of delivery if baby is Rh pos
    {Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
    {DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
    Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
    ~Love and Light to everyone~ 
    image image
    My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image
  • I got my shot at 28 weeks and after birth last time and my doctor already told me I would be getting it again at 28 weeks this time too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • suiternsuitern member
    I think my Dr. also said I will get my shot at 28 weeks for this pregnancy. I had it several times throughout my other pregnancy and then after birth since DS was O+. Call your Dr. if you are concerned though!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"