June 2013 Moms
Options

Is your home insured?

GraceInCAGraceInCA member
edited May 2014 in June 2013 Moms

Is your home insured? 99 votes

I have no idea. Grace, do a little dance for me.
1% 1 vote
No, I rent and do not have insurance.
1% 1 vote
No, I own (or have a mortgage) and do not have insurance.
0% 0 votes
Yes, I rent and have insurance.
14% 14 votes
Yes, I own (or have a mortgage) and have insurance.
83% 83 votes

Re: Is your home insured?

• Options

CL8badB said:
    Are you allowed to own/mortgage a home without insurance? (Seriously asking)
    If you have a mortgage I'm pretty sure that's a contingency, and you have to maintain insurance. I don't know if that's a requirement if you own your home outright though.

• Options
    BC&LMBC&LM member
    Own and have insurance
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ^^If you bought it clear and free I don't see why not.

If you have a mortgage I'm pretty sure all mortgage lenders require you to hold insurance.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Options
    JillseeJillsee member
    We rent and have had renters insurance for years. I sold insurance for awhile and would recommend it to anyone :)
  • Options
    We own and have insurance.

When I first moved in with my H, he owned the house and I still had renters insurance living there.  Technically, I was considered his tenant as far as the insurance company was concerned and if something had happened to the place, his insurance wouldn't have replaced items that were obviously not my H's.
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • Options
    We own and have a mortgage. It is a requirement to have insurance if you have a mortgage I believe. My parents own their homes outright (vacation home and regular home) and I know they aren't required to have it but they do.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    daffy2kdaffy2k member
    We own (with a mortgage) and have insurance. Like PPs have said, I believe there is a contingency with a mortgage to carry homeowners insurance. However, even if we had paid our mortgage out in full we would still carry insurance. I'd rather pay the minimal premium(most companies around here also offer a discount if you're mortgage free) than have to rebuild from scratch in the event of a loss.
    div style="text-align: center;">
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"