3rd Trimester
Options

Contractions 2 min apart, not in active labor. Awesome :/

So went to L/D yesterday -- having contractions 2 min apart, but was sent home until I couldn't walk or talk thru them or if my water breaks. Was told DD2 could come tonight or weeks from now (aka I could be dealing w constant contractions until then?? Oy vey). This isn't gonna be fun...

(Btw, 36 weeks along. Need to correct my ticker)
Bria - Born 7/20/2011 - 2 yrs old

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Contractions 2 min apart, not in active labor. Awesome :/

• Options
    Um-- you are 36 weeks. Slow your roll. :-??

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    SpeshulSpeshul member
    Yea constant contractions 2 weeks would not be fun. Showers and baths helped me. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    ncbellencbelle member
    Prodromal labor is more common in 2+ pregnancies.  Sorry you are dealing with it but I agree it would be best if baby bakes a bit more!  Sounds like they are annoying and not painful though?  Just try to ignore.  

I had them off and on with my last - full labor will come eventually :)
  • Options
    Thanks. I know I'm totally whining about something that's common. I don't want her to come til she's ready. Just super excited that means I might have these contractions for a few weeks straight (sarcasm). :)
    Bria - Born 7/20/2011 - 2 yrs old

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I've been having consistent contractions since 34 weeks 3 days, I'm now 40 weeks 3 days standing to be induced on Monday (this is my second, my first came at 37 weeks), hope your in it for the long haul. 

• Options
    k318k318 member
    I have been dealing with this for he last week. It sucks. I will be 39 weeks Tuesday and I hope this doesn't go on much longer. Last time I didn't start having contractions til I was in active labor, about 12 hours before ds was born.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I totally get where you're coming from and you have my sympathies. I think the people saying "oh, BH? no biggie, just be grateful" probably haven't experienced time-able, intense, prolonged, practice/early/whatever you want to call it labor for weeks on end. I had intense prodomal labor as a first timer. The stuff I'm experiencing now as a second timer is even more intense than the contractions I had after my water broke last time. Yet, no baby. Of course I'm happy not to have a premie, but doesn't make the waves of back pressure any less uncomfortable. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've been in the same boat with # 4. It's gotten so bad that my doctors have told me I'm not to come in unless I'm bleeding or my contractions get to 2 minutes apart. I've been able to make it to 37.3 having prodomal contractions since week 33. I've managed it with bed rest and 2 gallons of water a day ( Feeling like I'm trying to drown myself >P ) I'm proud of myself for making it this far since none of my other pregnancies have made it past week 37. My biggest problem right now is jerks who keep saying "that baby needs to cook longer, stop trying to rush things." totally not helping. lol
  • Options
    Danipg said:
    So went to L/D yesterday -- having contractions 2 min apart, but was sent home until I couldn't walk or talk thru them or if my water breaks. Was told DD2 could come tonight or weeks from now (aka I could be dealing w constant contractions until then?? Oy vey). This isn't gonna be fun... (Btw, 36 weeks along. Need to correct my ticker)
    If I was you I would be praying for LO to keep baking. You are 3 weeks from term.
    Most doctors consider 37 weeks to be full term (as in baby can usually come out safely and healthy at that point.)
    In October ACOG changed the definition of full term to be a minimum of 39 weeks. Any doctor that is saying 37 weeks is full term is not up on the latest standards of care for Obstetrics.  

• Options
    halalihalali member
    I am sorry you are dealing with that!  Same thing started with me at 31 weeks.  Every time I'm hooked up to a monitor, I'm contracting every 60-90 sec and each contraction is lasting 30-60 sec. If they were happening just here or there, it'd be uncomfortable but when the belly has no time to relax in between, it get really uncomfortable/painful! This has been going on 24/7 for 7 weeks now!  I had to go on bed rest which has stabilized my effacement/dilation and now I'm 38 weeks and we will see when this little girl is going to arrive!  I had no idea this was possible for so long.  I really feel for you. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"