Dads & Dads-to-be

5 Things Thursday

Round 2:

1. How many kids do you have and how old are they? How many kids do you want?

2. Why do/did you want kid(s)?

3. What is your "ideal" dream car? What can you see yourself driving in 10 years if life gives you lemonade.

4. Open

5. Open

Re: 5 Things Thursday

• 1. How many kids do you have and how old are they? How many kids do you want?

I have a 3 year old and a 15 month old, both boys.  I think 1 more will do, though there are days I question my sanity for wanting another.

Always wanted to be a dad, have a family.

3. What is your "ideal" dream car? What can you see yourself driving in 10 years if life gives you lemonade.

I am probably going to lose "man points" for this, but I really never really cared about cars other than does it start and will it take me where I need to go.  So from that standpoint, I'd say something that will comfortably transport the 4 or 5 of us around across the country for vacations.

4.  Life gets real busy when you have 2.  I check in on the board, but not a great deal of action going on here it seems other than when the ladies come in and have a field day with someone's statement.

5. I am 2 weeks away from vacation.  Sad thing is, I'm kinda glossing over this one for the big one in January when we take the kids to Disney for the first time.

• 1. I have a 3yo boy and we're expecting twin girls in July. We always wanted 3, but have had talks about 4. It's nice that we got to 3, life will now dictate if we get to 4.

2. I always saw myself with kids. Never really thought about not having kids. I really like doing all the kid stuff again with my son. It's also fun to do the stuff that you weren't able to do as a kid. Watching them grow up and learn is really rewarding. Then when you're old and lame you have someone who still cares about you.

3. Another Mustang, but an even cooler one.

4. Summer time is here and my son is starting to get to play outside like a boy again. We got the pool pass and have already gone once. He's into pretty much everything. I don't think there's an activity he doesn't get excited about.

5. The twins are almost 4 pounds now, which is slightly above average at 30 weeks. They're doing really well. They just need to keep hanging in there. I'm still not quite mentally prepared for the task at hand, but hope to get there.

• Loading the player...
  • Coltsdad said:

I am probably going to lose "man points" for this, but I really never really cared about cars other than does it start and will it take me where I need to go.  So from that standpoint, I'd say something that will comfortably transport the 4 or 5 of us around across the country for vacations.

I'll put you down for a Porsche Cayenne so you don't lose any "man points".
  • PrimePrime member

1. How many kids do you have and how old are they? How many kids do you want?

1 year old son and one on the way.  I'll be good to stop once this one arrives.  My wife will only want to stop if its a girl.  She wants to collect them all.

because...

Tesla Model S.  I'm also not a big car guy but I like tech and this thing is slick.  I need a lot of lemonade to make this happen.

4. I am currently taking 2 classes in order to finish my masters degree.  If I can manage to get through it I'll be done at the end of July.  However, it is taking all of my time outside work so I haven't been able to spend as much time with the boy.

5. In July, we have a family reunion on my side of the family.  Assuming everything goes smoothly with the pregnancy we will be telling everyone there.  It will be fun telling people in person this time.

• Prime said:

Tesla Model S.  I'm also not a big car guy but I like tech and this thing is slick.  I need a lot of lemonade to make this happen.

Did you see theoatmeal.com's writeup of it?
  • WulfgarWulfgar member

1. How many kids do you have and how old are they? How many kids do you want? I have a 3 year old son and one on the way.  I would have been happy with just one.

2. Why do/did you want kid(s)? It was a deal done between my wife and I.  I wanted to be married and she wanted children so we compromised.

3. What is your "ideal" dream car? What can you see yourself driving in 10 years if life gives you lemonade. I would love a Volkswagen Tuoreg as my next vehicle.  I doubt that I will be able to afford it.  Most likely, I will buy another Kia or Hyundai SUV type vehicle.  I like sitting up.

4. I hate doctors currently, been getting the run around.

5. We will see how many of her family can guess what we are expecting in December at her family's vacation in mid-July.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• PrimePrime member
    polooo27 said:
    Prime said:

Did you see theoatmeal.com's writeup of it?
    Yeah.  Good stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"