July 2013 Moms
Options

Anyone starting WCM yet?

Sorry if this is a repeat!

LO is 11 months and EBF. My supply is starting to tank, and I don't want to transition onto formula just to do the milk transition a month later. SO I'm thinking of just going straight to WCM now. Any other J13ers wanting to transition early?
Two under two, here we come!
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage image

Re: Anyone starting WCM yet?

• Options
    We're waiting until P's 12 month appt to get the pedi's green light.  DH and I both had issues with WCM when we were transitioned.  Also, we want to make sure he doesn't need a toddler formula instead due to his birth weight (honestly I don't think this will be the case at all since he has caught up).
  • Options

I am going to have her try a cup of milk when she turns one so I know how she tolerates before we go to her 12 month appointment. Our pedi gave me the green light to cold turkey switch DS from formula to wcm once he turned one so I am sure I will get the go ahead at DD's one year appointment to start weaning from nursing to wcm.

I would think transitioning now should be fine. I cannot see starting formula only to go to wcm in one month.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I might in the next few days. I am in exactly your boat: 11 mo. Supply down. No reserve.
    And I have a work trip in late June.

I think I am going to try 1/4 wcm in his daycare bottles tomorrow. Nurse all weekend. 1/4 wcm on Mon. If no reaction, I will bump up wcm proportion over the next two weeks.

I will still nurse at night and early morning and weekends, and probably pump to 1 year or 15 mo.
  • Options
    I wanted to (James is 11 months in a couple days) but they want me to wait.
  • Options
    SMac85SMac85 member
    We are on WCM over here. He wasn't drinking his formula anymore so I tried some milk and he loved it. He's a good eater too so I'm not worried about him getting proper nutrients. He hasn't had a bottle in 4 days now, so it's going well.
    photo 3dcc1df8-8755-401b-b56e-15712e9fb0c0_zps92b14273.jpg
    Matteo 08/02/2011 Cruz 06/19/2013

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    flkongflkong member
    I'm gonna wait until 12 mths but I use WCM in her oatmeal and when I eat cereal, she gets a taste. My milk supply had tanked too. Last week I went on a pumping marathon. I pumped every two hours while at work and after every feeding at home. After 3 days, my supply was back to normal. 

• Options
    We got the green light at our 9 month appointment.  I SAH and nurse her when needed, but DH gave her a bottle of CM last week when we had a really rough night and no formula or frozen milk.  Pumping is a pain in the ass and since she was fine with the CM I think I am going to stop pumping and just give her that when needed. 
     AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

F15 Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most After Baby Arrives: BELLY SLEEPING!

photo c433cf4d-aa40-443c-af77-110275d91d89.jpg
  • Options
    Once Amanda hits 11mo, I'll probably start mixing some milk in with her formula. It's not like they magically start tolerating milk at their one year birthday, and easing her into it you can determine whether it's being tolerated or not and then you can decide to back off or continue.

Go with your gut and be flexible. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    The Ped gave us the green light to start slowly introducing WCM
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • Options
    E will be 11 months on Sunday and I've started introducing WCM to her last week.  I've been putting a couple of ounces in a sippy cup for her to drink with breakfast or a meal if she is in day care that day.  So far, she loves it and hasn't had any problems ingesting it.

She is down to three 7 ounce bottles of formula a day.
  • Options
    Add me to team "Tanked Supply". I am holding out and pumping for 3 more weeks until Gavin is 11 months, 1 week, then I will start transitioning him to WCM. We did the same with Corri at 11 months, 2 weeks and basically started with 3/4 formula and 1/4 CM, then 1/2 and 1/2, then 1/4 and 3/4 the other way and then finally 100% CM. I will do the same with Gavin, but with BM and CM, because I have a little freezer stash still. 
  • Options
    I am going to introduce some at 11 months. I do supplement a bottle of formula here and there but otherwise mostly EBF. I am a bit nervous about not getting enough nutrition because he doesn't always eat solids well.

• Options
    DS is 11 months already too and we are starting this weekend. If all goes well we'll use up the two containers of formula and be on WCM.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We started transitioning as per doctor said we could. She did horrible with the little bit of WCM. Spitting up, gas, horrible diapers. When I called doc and told him, he said to give it a bit. So we will see
  • Options
    ashie624ashie624 member
    edited May 2014
    We started about a week ago when she turned 11 months. Shes been doing really well with it.
    July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
    Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Pink724Pink724 member
    Our pedi gave the go ahead at 10 months. My supply has also gone down, so after I nurse her during the day, I offer her WCM in her straw cup. She usually only takes a sip or two. One day she had 2 oz; most days it's less than one.
    Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
  • Options
    KMRR86KMRR86 member
    Lo is bf but takes a bottle sometimes, so I think I'll cut out an afternoon feed and give her a bottle of frozen bm with wcm mixed in. I'll probably do this in the next week or so.
  • Options
    R314159R314159 member
    I am in the exact same situation here. I literally have less than 10 oz of breastmilk in the freezer. We haven't started on WCM yet but will be starting a transition very very soon. I will continue nursing morning/night for a while
  • Options
    KTZ17KTZ17 member
    DD turned one of the 17th but I think I started putting wcm in her oatmeal a couple weeks before. I offered her milk in her sippy starting about two weeks before her bday. At first she made a face like I was giving her poison. Then I stopped putting the milk in her usual water sippy and got a zoli cup that I only put milk in and she started taking it little by little. Lately she's been taking between 8 and 12 oz a day, but I think once I stop using the supplemental nursing system with formula in the morning and at night she'll take more.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    Thanks y'all! I gave DD2 her first sip of milk yesterday and she drank almost an ounce! I think she would've had more, but I was afraid she'd get an upset tummy so I stopped her. Weaning (except night and nap) here we come!
    Two under two, here we come!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage image
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    We are - I'm starting to wean from pumping, and I asked our doctor a few weeks ago. She said it was fine, particularly since DD now eats cheese/yogurt/etc with no problem. Right now, her daytime bottles with the babysitter are half BM, half WCM.

(ETA: she still nurses when we're together, I'm just SO DONE with pumping)
  • Options
    ceechieceechie member
    I'm trying to wean from bfing and we started mixing the last of our formula with wcm. Now we are out of formula and they're doing great. I do have to pump bc I'm super engorged from feeding twins and I mix what I pump with it. I thought this would be harder but it's mainly just a pain (in my boob) for me.
    My girls will be one in about 3 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"