June 2013 Moms
Options

Divorced/separated moms

If you guys were lurking in the TFAS thread, you probably saw that it's looking like DH is going to leave us. I'm not sure how to feel, or even how I want to feel about it. A lot of the reasons I'm upset aren't the right ones, like being sad LO won't have a sibling, and that I'm repugnant and will never be looked at again let alone loved. I'm also scared about having to find a different job and place to live, put LO into daycare and support both of us. I do feel like I want things back the way they once were, but am not sure if that's too far gone.

Aside from just using you guys as someone to listen (sorry), I was just hoping for some advice or words of encouragement from you guys that have been there. The other night, DH said W was his. As in, he's taking him. We were in the middle of a fight, so I don't know if he really meant that or if he was just trying to hurt me. Is that even possible though? Surely a court wouldn't take a nursing baby away from his mother?

I'm sorry to use you guys like this. I just don't feel like I can talk to anyone IRL, incase he decides to give it another shot. I don't want my family and our friends hating him if he ends up staying. I just need some head pats, I guess.

I brought sexy man and cookies.
imageimage

I figured we could eat them off his abs.

Re: Divorced/separated moms

• Options
    I don't have any advice either but just wanted to let you know that we are all here for you no matter what! Stay strong momma and let us know if there is anything you need and vent away whenever you need to!
    image imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't talked to a lawyer at this point, and don't think I will until he actually says the D word. He wouldn't just take the baby, it's nowhere near that ugly. I suspect he was just worried I was going to take William and go stay with my parents 2 hours away and was trying to say I couldn't take him with me.

I think when I can finally get him to speak to me, I'm going to tell him that I want to work it out but ONLY if he'll agree to counseling. I'm sick of being told how big of an asshole/ungrateful bitch/hateful cunt I am every other day. I doubt he'll agree to go, but it's worth a shot to ask again I guess.

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    @NurseMommy13‌, at least once a week he brings up the fact that he's sick of me/I'm a selfish bitch/I don't care about him or anyone but myself. He's certainly acted like he was going to leave before (but never as convincing as now) and regularly expresses his disappointment in me as a wife. Every time he gets mad at me for something stupid (ex, not having unloaded the dishwasher before he gets home, or taking attention away from him for 15 min to bottle kombucha, etc.), he takes the opportunity to remind me that I'm an ungrateful asshole who makes his life miserable. Nevermind the fact I work a full time job and pretty much completely take care of W myself.

And thank you to you guys who think I'm pretty! I agree I'm not bad in that picture, but that is in no way a representation of how I look now. I'm 50 lbs heavier, barely have time to put on make up, have hideous glasses that I loathe since LO broke my cute ones, and have awkward transition phase dreads (which I'm seriously considering slathering in conditioner and raking the fuck out). So I appreciate the compliments, but I look more like a condom over-stuffed with grape jelly than that girl in my siggy. Trust me lol, anyone that would want to see me naked probably wpuld have serious, deal-breaking issues!!

• Options
    To be fair to him, he's never commented negatively on my appearance. He regularly tells me I'm beautiful and sexy (well, not for the last few days obviously, but still). I just know otherwise because we have mirrors in the house.

• Options
    Just wanted to send positive vibes your way. Every woman regardless of size or appearance deserves to be loved and that right person to treat you right is out there for everyone. Dont let your YH confuse you on who you are, what you deserve and if he doesn't want to be a part of your lives, he will be the one missing out. Someone earlier said to not let him drive the discussion. You deserve answers. Good luck to you.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    jennOKjennOK member
    ^^ I totally agree with above, although I grew up in a different situation. I have parents who have been married 40 years, and I've never seen them fight. I know that they have been through hard times, but I never questioned the stability of our home or family unit. I am thankful every day for the home I was raised in, and I think every child deserves that kind of environment.
  • Options
    Thinking and praying for you!  I second what everyone else has said - you don't deserve to be treated like that and I hope things can get better - whether that is from separating or from reconciling, I hope they are completely different soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"