Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Finger sucking - Mavala Stop Polish

Our daughter sucks her fingers ONLY when she is going to sleep in her crib.

Took her for her first dentist appointment and they mentioned she has a very smal overbite, she did say she is not overly concerned right now but then mentioned that we could try a nail polish that tastes nasty and will deter her from sucking her fingers.

Has anyone tried anything like this and had success?? I obviously want her to stop the habit but I worry about her sleeping and naps, right now she sleeps so well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Finger sucking - Mavala Stop Polish

• Options
    I personally wouldn't do but that's me. My 5 year old had a pacifier until almost 3. She was really attached and I knew she couldn't sleep without it.  If they are not concerned right now, I would just give her a little more time.

• Options
    I would leave it alone. Finger/thumb sucking is very common for this age. My DD is 5 and is a thumb sucker when she is tired or upset. She does have an overbite, but our dentist has said all along not to worry about it and she will stop when she is ready. The more you harp on it, the more they cling to it. DH and I both needed braces, so we figured she would need them anyway.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"