January 2014 Moms

Back to sleep

DS is now rolling but he's not very good at lifting his head as he has quite the noggin on him. Well at 5 am I found him laying on his belly face down! Luckily he was okay but it still scared me. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep him on his back? Or should I just let him go. He's 7 months actual/ 4 months adjusted.
image image
Married 8/9/13
Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image

Re: Back to sleep

• I have heard that as long as LO gets themselves onto their belly it is okay. If they have the strength to get over onto their belly, they should have the coordination to move their head when necessary. Does he have pretty good head control?

• Roses87Roses87 member
    With what @tahloulah10‌ said. I know that's true for full term babes. But with your little man being a premie that would make me nervous since u said he us not good at lifting his head. I personally would call my pediatrician. Also try posting this on the premie board. Was his nose blocked when you found him our was his head to the side? You said face first so I am assuming it wasn't to the side? My dd as a nb was decent at lifting her neck but she was full term so if she was rolling which she isn't, it wouldn't make me nervous...
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Loading the player...
  • Definitely didn't know it was different for preemies - duh, though, seems like I should've known! Thanks, @Roses87 for clarifying.

Yeah I'd talk to your pedi. Maybe you can make some sort of "bumper" with a rolled up towel underneath the crib sheet? I've seen lots of ladies on here talking about it as they have transitioned from RNP to crib. Not sure if it would prevent rolling, though. I have really not been helpful here! Sorry!

• @Roses87‌ his face was on the mattress but his nose wasn't blocked. He does this during tummy time as well when he's tired.

@tahloulah10‌ his head control is much better than it was just a few weeks ago but when he's tired he definitely doesn't try. I recently had a bumper built around him and he moved right around it. He's a mover and he's determined to do what he wants which terrifies me right now.
    image image
    Married 8/9/13

image  image
  • Ooh that would terrify me, too! Maybe that's why DD is still in our room in the RNP. I wish I had better advice for you!

• @tahloulah10‌ thanks! I went to the preemie board and they told me just to leave him cause he'll figure it out. Easier said than done.
    image image
    Married 8/9/13

image  image
  • I am having the same problem and it terrifies me! I agree with what everyone else has said and just wanted to say I know how scary it is.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"