February 2014 Moms
Options

UO Thursday

2»

Re: UO Thursday

• Options
    My UO: I don't understand how teenage girls are "scarier" than teenage boys and cause parents more worry.

image image
  • Options
    hopefuldoghopefuldog member
    edited May 2014

My UO: I don't understand how teenage girls are "scarier" than teenage boys and cause parents more worry.

This was the first thing I thought when I found out LO was a girl (team green). Teenage girls are typically moody and dramatic and hate their moms. But I try to think positive that girls tend to stay close to their moms when they become adults. (I realize these are all stereotypes and not always the case).

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    megash113 said:

Mevaroo said:

I don't either. Especially if my boys do half the crap DH did as a teen...
    I think that's exactly it, though. I know what I did as a teen, and I don't want to deal with that. DH was (is) a doofus, but he didn't get into any real trouble.
    This makes a bit more sense to me than the way that phrase is typically used.

Usually I hear it hand in hand with "a boy means only having to worry about one penis" and "crap, it's a girl, I'm terrified for when she starts dating" and I've never understood why a girl dating is more scary than a boy dating (and I know that most of the people saying that aren't referring to the larger likelihood that a woman will face dating violence).

Excuse the poor grammar. Sick kid.

image image
  • Options
    iwubroryiwubrory member
    edited May 2014

Mevaroo said:

I think until little girls learn how to sit correctly in a dress without flashing everyone their panties, they should have to wear little shorts, leggings, or tights under their dresses.

This thought stemmed from DS3's preschool "graduation" today where towards the end, all the kids were sitting on the stage, and a bunch of the little girls had their legs spread open or knees up to their chests, so the audience could see *everything*

Sweet Jesus, how did their parents not see that coming? Um yeah, mental note to self for the future.
    Let me add in that I've had many second and third graders who still won't sit properly. I'll be making sure that dd wears something underneath well into elementary school.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    I don't either. Especially if my boys do half the crap DH did as a teen...
    I think that's exactly it, though. I know what I did as a teen, and I don't want to deal with that. DH was (is) a doofus, but he didn't get into any real trouble.
    This makes a bit more sense to me than the way that phrase is typically used. Usually I hear it hand in hand with "a boy means only having to worry about one penis" and "crap, it's a girl, I'm terrified for when she starts dating" and I've never understood why a girl dating is more scary than a boy dating (and I know that most of the people saying that aren't referring to the larger likelihood that a woman will face dating violence). Excuse the poor grammar. Sick kid.
    I think a lot of it has to do with worrying about the daughter getting pregnant as if it wouldn't be a big deal if their son got a girl pregnant?  Obviously I can't speak for everyone but I know I've heard that comment a lot and it always irritates me.  I think the real terrifying thing is the lack of communication about sex to teenage children!
  • Options
    iwubrory said:

Mevaroo said:

I think until little girls learn how to sit correctly in a dress without flashing everyone their panties, they should have to wear little shorts, leggings, or tights under their dresses.

This thought stemmed from DS3's preschool "graduation" today where towards the end, all the kids were sitting on the stage, and a bunch of the little girls had their legs spread open or knees up to their chests, so the audience could see *everything*

Sweet Jesus, how did their parents not see that coming? Um yeah, mental note to self for the future.
    Let me add in that I've had many second and third graders who still won't sit properly. I'll be making sure that dd wears something underneath well into elementary school.

some 7th graders can't figure it out either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"