2nd Trimester

Re: :)

• Yes I know, but you know my curiosity strikes at night lol :)
  • Loading the player...
  • MizooMizoo member
    The tech is trained at how to read sonograms.  You are not.  If they said it's too early to tell it's because they couldn't see anything definitive.

Be patient, your baby's sex will not change between now and your next scan.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • OlgaholguinOlgaholguin member
    edited May 2014
  • Congrats!! It's a bayyybeeeee!

edited May 2014
    Thank you! Lol all this time I thought it was a lil alien. my husband will be dissapointed haha
  • oholguinoholguin member
    edited May 2014
  • oholguinoholguin member
    edited May 2014
  • ::eye roll::

These posts never end without wadded panties.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Most of the time the sonographer should be able to tell the sex of the baby by about 20 weeks of pregnancy.

The correct visualization of any fetal part depends on many factors such as fetal position, amount of amniotic fluid and thickness of the abdominal wall.

week20 femaleThe absence of the penis must not be taken as sufficient evidence of the fetus being a girl. Using ultrasound the 3 lines sign which denotes the labia in the fetus is an indication of the female gender.

Ultrasound scans done in later pregnancy or 3D scans can make it easier to see the gender of a baby. The sonographer may not always get a good view of the private parts of the fetus for many reasons and therefore may not be able to give you an accurate answer.

Some sonographers are not allowed to tell you the gender, but may show the genital area on the screen and let you decide which sex your baby is

edited May 2014
  • Darn it! No QFPs for this morning's posts! Come on people!
  • Lol i like how OP tried to cover up some of her replies... too bad there weren't more qfps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"