Trouble TTC

help!! im new here

Hello girls,  im 24 and im new here,in the forum, but have been reading the other post looking for support, I dont know if I am being impacient or if I worry too much, but we have been having trouble to conceive, the problem is that my husband (25) is not accepting the fact, we have been trying for a little over 6 months, and even though we have gone through a rigorously routine for ovulation testing and timed our BD every other day, we  havent gotten good news. I am getting really sad after each negative test, to the point that I am really scared of testing for the baby. We do not have a story of infertility in our families (rather large families on both sides) and even though my period was very painful before, now I get by with no painkillers at all. He does not want to go to the RE until we reached the year, but I am really impatient about that, specially since every month my eggs go to waste. I have tried lying on my back for 20 mins after BD, taking folic acid and prenatal vitamins and excercise lightly but regularly, I dont know if it is just the stress or if we are headed the wrong way, my mother says to stop thinking about it but reeeallyyy how is that possible, plus my father in law asks us every day if we are with child yet (nervious breakdown), I really thought May was gonna be our lucky month, but even though I am 3 days late (which never happens) I tested negative. Please help me, I practically see babies everywhere, and when I find out a close friend gets pregnant I get a lil sad and my hubby gets angry at me, but I dont know how to control that, does that happen to you also?? best wishes for everyone and may June be our lucky month.

Re: help!! im new here

• I know that 6 months feels like forever but it can take up to a year.  Most REs won't even see someone your age that have been trying for less than a year.  The reason is that there may not be anything wrong and you may get pregnant in the next 6 months.  I understand how frustrating it is to get a negative test month after month but most of us on this board have been waiting well over 6 months. 

I'm sorry you are feeling like there are babies all around.  That is really hard but try to remember that you still have time on your side.

********Siggy/Ticker Warning***********

Me (35) no known issues DH (37) MFI. TTC 21 months (24 cycles)
    Dx MFI with low to normal count, low motility, morphology 3%
    HSG normal, ultrasound and labs on me all normal. 

1 cycle of Clomid 50mg and TI, unmonitored by OBGYN= BFN
    1 cycle of Clomid 50mg and IUI, unmonitored by OBGYN= BFN
    Started seeing an RE!!
    2 more cycles of clomid 50mg (great response), with IUI and Pregnyl trigger (4.8-8 mil good ones after wash) = all BFN
    1 cycle of clomid 50mg (3-7) followed by Follistim 75iu (7-11) + IUI = BFN
    December 2013 DH saw urologist and is taking Anastrozole, CoQ10, and L-Carnitine
    IUI #5 natural cycle (needed a med break) = BFN
    IUI #6 Follistim 75iu (CD3-10) + Pregnyl (CD11) + IUI (final count after wash 300K) = BFN
    IUI #7 Follistim 75iu (CD3-9) + Pregnyl (CD11) + IUI on 2/20 (post wash count 12.5 million)= BFN
    IUI cancelled (DH OOT) Clomid 50mg (CD3-7) 1 follicle +(not well timed) TI = BFN
    IUI #8 and last one!! Clomid 100mg (CD3-7) +OPK before US + IUI 4/17 (post wash 8.5 mil)= BFN

Pre-IVF testing complete! SHG great and measurements taken! Labs for infectious diseases completed, FSH (5.4), TSH (1.6), Prolactin (11), AMH (2.6), Estradiol (40).

Started BCP 5/29 and Lupron 6/11 prep for IVF #1! Started follistim 225u/day on 6/28. Monitoring on 7/2 >15 follicles measuring 11-14, E2 758. Monitoring on 7/5 all ready to go!! Great follicle sizes and lining is at 9. Tigger 7/5, ER 7/7 16R 9M 3F. Stimmed too fast in just 7 days. 7/10 3dt of 2 8-cell grade 2 & 4. 7/14 P4 >60.
    Holy crap BFP!!!
    Beta #1 (14dpo) 7/21 112 Beta #2 (16dpo) 7/23 286 a Beta #3 (18dpo) 7/25 761 Beta #4 (21dpo) 2631!!! Hold on tight little embies!!
      First Ultrasound 8/7- 1 perfect little bean with a beating heart 117bpm!! EDD 3/30.
    Second ultrasound 9/2 Little bean measuring a few days ahead with a heart rate of 161!

PAIF/SAIF/All Welcome!

Pregnancy Ticker

March 15 Siggy Challenge: You had one job

• thanks @lhbdphd and @NariaDreaming im sorry if I sounded mean, I will check out the other blogs, and thank you for answering me.
  • Loading the player...
  • thank you @Lillovebug79I will be optimistic and try for as long as necessary to start our family, best wishes to all !!!  

• I say keep trying until you reach a year. Enjoy your time together. I know it can be stressful when family members are itching for little ones to come into the picture, but they need to be patient. I also know what it feels like when everyone around is announcing pregnancies. Drove me nuts but now I just try to accept that when the time is right I will get to announce my pregnancy too. Good luck girl!
  • If you have regular periods (every 26-35 days or so) and signs of ovulation, then you actually are on the higher side of the chances to still get pregnant between the 6 months and 1 year mark, so you do not have to give up hope! Actually, even after 1 year without success, 15% of the people left will get pregnant naturally within the next year, too. 

When my DH and I start feeling tired or worried about TTC, we like to joke that we are "just practicing" for a few months. It can take the pressure off. And it's important not to think of every negative month as a huge statement about a childless future - it can feel that way emotionally, but logically it is not connected. For the healthiest people, there is only a 20-25% chance each month, and it's not like if it didn't happen the first 3 months it is guaranteed the next month - it is totally chance each and every month, which is why giving it a year is reasonable! :)
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • I think everyone has covered this, so I don't have much to add. Be patient. We've all been where you are and we know it sucks. Use the WTO (waiting to ovulate) and 2WW (2 week wait) threads on Trying to Get Pregnant (TTGP) and find a hobby. Good luck!
    Love 2010 | Marriage 2011 | TTC #1 since 2012
    PCOS | Anovulatory | Metformin + Letrozole
  • Thank you very much to all the ladies that commented, after I read those posts I am feeling much more optimistic, and im excited to start the BD again in two weeks, my hubby and i talked last night and decided to try and take the preassure off, and ask our parents to stop asking for "news", we want take it easy for the next couple of months to see what happens, plus he is starting a new job and we will be moving so I think that will keep my mind busy. Im thinking of starting yoga and a new hobby together. Thanks again for your comments, im much more calmed and I have a optimistic feeling. God bless you all!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"