Pregnant after IF
Options

Did You Do PGD Testing and MaterniT21?

Hello. 

For any of those who did IVF and had the PGD testing done on your embryos, are you also doing the MaterniT21 testing?  I had my first ob appointment yesterday and it was discussed. The doctor told me my insurance would cover a very small amount of the MaterniT21 and that we probably didn't need to do it any way that the PGD testing is much better than the MaterniT21 testing, because they actually take cells from the embryo.  My questions Will/Did you do this? Why did you decide to do both? Was it worth having both tests if you did do both or would you have just stayed with the PGD? 

Thanks!   

Re: Did You Do PGD Testing and MaterniT21?

• Options
    ekc0630ekc0630 member
    I just had the Materni21 test done today.  My NT scan came back abnormal so they switched my lab work to the Materni21 test.  No results yet.
    TTC 2007
    Me-OK DH- MFI
    2010 IUI 1-3 Femara + Ovidrill BFN
    Change DR 5/12 IUI 4-5 Natural Cycle BFN
    5/13 DH diagnosed with b1/b3 microdeletion of Y chromosome
    IVF #1 July  Started Lupron 7/5 AF 7/14
    ER 8/1 7R 5M 3F W/ICSI ET 8/6 Moved to 8/7 due to no blast 
    Transferred our UNO embryo Beta #1 27 Beta #2 33 Beta #3 29 CP :(
    IVF #2 Started Lupron 2/14 
    Protocol 10U Lupron, 150 Bravelle, 150 Menopur, HGH for 4 days, Dexamethesone, 
    Supplements 6000mg CoQ10, 100mg DHEA, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, 
    ER 3/12 8R 4 able to be injected 2f with ICSI ET 3/15 2 "perfect" textbook Embryos
    2 crinone, estrace, dexamethesone, doxycycline
    BETA #1 3/26 201  BETA #2 3/28 524  BETA #3 4/5 9,876  Ultrasound April 7 Showed TWINs
    April 18 ultrasound Baby A HB 147   Baby B HB 146  Both measuring 7w1d
    WE ARE TEAM BLUE X2!
    Jonathan Daniel received his angel wings July 23, 2014 :( born 9/20/14
    Jackson Thomas was born October 31, 2014 @ 35w 5d

• Options
    JSM0801JSM0801 member
    I did CCS testing, so my doc did not feel there was any need to do an NT scan or MaterniT21 test or anything else that would check chromosomes again. However, I did have a blood draw to check for neural tube defects, because like weeklyplanner said, there are other issues other than chromosomes that are not picked up in CCS/PGS testing of embryos. I would just ask your doc if you can have a blood draw to make sure your baby is not at risk for Spina Bifida. GL!! 

*****Siggy/Ticker Warning*****

Me (34)- no issues found MH (36)- MFI due to Vericocele. Straight to IVF w/ICSI 9/12, Antagonist. 9R, 7M, 5F = BFN c/p,  New RE for IVF #2- 1/13., Long Lupron. ER on 1/22 -10R, 9M, 9F. Transfer on hold due to overstimming. FET in Feb. 2 frozen blasts. Another BFN & another c/p. RPL testing all negative besides MTHFR gene, vericocle repair surgery 4/12/13-Bilateral Grade 3 Vericocele found & fixed, IVF #3 with PGS  4/13- 11R, 9M, 9F. Transferred 2 normal=BFN, 3 normal on ice. CCRM-here we come! ODWU-All test results normal. EPP in August. 21R, 20M, 19F. 12 blasts biopsied & frozen for CCS testing. Results showed 11 normal! FET Oct. 30. 2 5d 4AA blasts transferred. First ever BFP!!! Beta 1=216, Beta 2=870 1st U/S=It's TWINS!!! It's a BOY and a GIRL!! Everyone Welcome!!! 
                                       Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for your responses.  My ob did mention checking for Spina Bifida and having a scan to measure the neck and other things, but didn't feel we NEEDED to do the MaterniT21 testing, because the testing on the embryos is even better than the MaterniT21 testing.  I will make sure I ask about the integrated blood tests.  I go back in 2 weeks for this testing.  Thank you. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"