Food Allergy
Options

Gluten Free, Dairy Free Dessert

My birthday is next week and I need some dessert ideas.  I'm the baker in the family and always make a cake for every birthday but I don't want to make my own birthday cake.  The kids are all out of school and that just sounds stressful to me.  I had a dessert picked out that my mom can make without much stress but then we decided to go dairy free and now that won't work (graham cracker/butter crust, cream cheese, vanilla pudding and bananas for filling).  Any suggestions for something easy?  My mom isn't very adventurous in the kitchen and I don't really want to have to make my own dessert.  I figure if all else fails I will just use a gluten free cake mix and make my own icing but I prefer not to.
Samuel  2.26.06 41w ASD/ADHD
Eli  6.18.09 35.5w
Silas  1.25.13 35.4w 10 days NICU, allergies/asthma, gluten intolerant

Re: Gluten Free, Dairy Free Dessert

• Options
    Cherrybrook Kitchens makes an amazing cake mix. The mix is dairy, egg, peanut and tree nut free. They also make a gluten free line that is also dairy, egg, peanut and tree nut free.
  • Options
    I love pavlovas. You can make one with coconut whipped cream and fresh berries. Very refreshing and tasty.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't know that about Duncan Hines.  I might need to keep some on hand for when I don't have time to make icing.
    Samuel  2.26.06 41w ASD/ADHD
    Eli  6.18.09 35.5w
    Silas  1.25.13 35.4w 10 days NICU, allergies/asthma, gluten intolerant

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"