Stay at Home Moms
Options

When I end up going back to work...

So I've never really had a definitive career, though I have 2 degrees.  We moved a lot before we had kids, and once that happened, I stayed home with them.  Once they're in school, ideally, I'd like to go back to work.  Currently, I watch children from my home.  I like it while my children are young, but when they're older, I'd prefer to be done with it. 
My daughter is only 20 months old, so it won't be any time soon, but I can't help but have this weird looming fear that I will be stuck doing this forever.

Does anyone have any tips for someone who is looking to eventually go back into the workforce?
Little Man 1.8.11
Freshie Girl 9.29.12

Re: When I end up going back to work...

• Options
    I think we have an FAQ for that.
  • Options
    I don't really understand what you are asking. What kind of tips.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh but seriously, maybe ask on the WM board?
  • Options
    Will do.
    Little Man 1.8.11
    Freshie Girl 9.29.12
  • Options
    That's a great idea!  I always overlook LinkedIn.
    Little Man 1.8.11
    Freshie Girl 9.29.12
  • Options
    What do you hope to do as a job when you go back to work?
  • Options
    Depending on what you want to do, and when you want to do it continuing education is likely to be essential.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I suggest networking now before you are looking for a job. Stay in contact with old coworkers and bosses. Also post your resume online on job boards to see how "employable" you are. You get to see how many recruiter contact you about jobs and what skills they are looking for. You don't gave to be actively looking for a job to do this. It is just to stay current on what skill sets the market wants. Also volunteer with a company doing something close to what you plan to do when you go back to work. They are usually flexible with your hours and most will offer you a good reference when you return to the workforce.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"