Multiples
Options

Abrupt Loss of Appetite at 20w

I am 21 weeks today and for the last week have had zero appetite. I don't have any nausea, but I am wondeirng if this is a normal part of a multiple pg. With my singleton DS I was ravenous until about 35w, but I can't stomach anything right now. I already feel like I am going to pop, literally explode, and was wondering if appetite suppression due to physiological changes was common this early. I am forcing myself to eat but it hurts when I do. I can't breathe afterward. I have an appt on June 8th and I was going to ask my dr then, just curious about others experiences. TIA!
Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
#1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
#1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
#1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
#2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Abrupt Loss of Appetite at 20w

• Options
    I think it is normal because things are getting so tight in there. Definitely try to eat smaller meals and snack more through the day. I find that even if I am hungry, I feel full after a few bites sometimes and no longer have an appetite.
  • Options
    basil2basil2 member
    My hunger level varied a ton- one week I'd be ravenous - the next week I'd have to adjust back to normal - it almost felt like they went through growth spurts, then settled back down.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes - my appetite is not what it was a few weeks ago and I also had a ravenous appetite with DD that has never really appeared this time around. I've been snacking a lot more (trying to get protein when snacking like hardboiled eggs and yogurt) and eating smaller meals. So far it is working. I tracked my calories and protein with MyFitnessPal for a few days to make sure I was getting enough. M

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP#1: 11/20/11, EDD 7/25/12, Emily Iris arrived 7/29/12 at 7 lb., 3.5 oz.

BFP#2: 8/25/13, EDD 5/4/14, MMC confirmed on 9/23/13, D&C on 9/26/13

BFP#3: 2/3/14, EDD 10/15/14, fraternal TWINS confirmed 2/21/14, two BOYS confirmed on 4/15/14!

• Options
    dal2ausdal2aus member
    I'm with you here.  It's hard to eat when you constantly feel like a stuffed turkey.  The key for me has been to eat smaller meals and make sure what I do eat packs a nutritional punch.  There's no room for empty calories.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Rxmom04Rxmom04 member
    Still have a decent appetite at 20 weeks but I notice that now I am full much quicker than a few weeks ago so I'm breaking up my meals into smaller, more frequent ones too with a little extra protein and less empty calories.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"