September 2013 Moms

House cleaner 1x month- worth it?

Xpost from working moms. I'm considering hiring a housekeeper to come in once a month to give the house a good, thorough cleaning. I keep it decent myself, but I'd like someone to do the areas I don't get to as often now that I have LO- bathrooms, baseboards, windowsills. Anyone currently have a once per month cleaning? Is it worth it?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: House cleaner 1x month- worth it?

• jnetx said:

I stay at home and we still have someone come twice a month. It's impossible to get anything done while I am home with baby (he has always been a 30 minute napper). We were spending every day my husband had off with one of us cleaning and the other watching the baby. Totally worth it in my book if you can afford it.

This is us too. Sooo worth it. I would not have it any other way.

• I've thought about this before now I really want to. My LO is another 30 minute napper so I really only have time to get the basics done, going to talk to the SO tonight ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • We have someone come in twice a month. It works out well for us, eapecially the stuff I never have the time/energy/motivation to get done, like scrubbing the bathrooms, cleaning the microwave, etc.

• Yes we have someone come every other week and it is fabulous. If only I could pay someone to pick up after my husband so we aren't spending the two days before they come tidying up.
  • amiefamief member
    Definitely worth it.... like a lot of the pp's we do every other week.  We got one when we started to feel like we spent all of our free family time cleaning.  

It is so nice to not have to worry about the deep cleaning stuff that you don't think about, have time for, or just hate to do.  You could even have them focus in certain rooms if you wanted (for instance the bathrooms and kitchen, skip the bedrooms) to make greater use of their time.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • RedDDDRedDDD member
    100% worth it
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I do it twice a month and it is soooooooooooo worth it
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• I got so spoiled by having them I never even do big stuff anymore like floors , dusting etc. I also stopped tidying up before they get here. They just pick up things and put in a neat pile on the table or put away if I ask them to.
  • If I could afford I would absolutely do it! Now that little one is getting around everything goes in her mouth. I spend so much time just trying to keep up with the area she's in. Go for it. Momma works hard at work deserves to relax at home.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"