September 2013 Moms

Where do you feed LO?

Hi ladies, 

Now that LO is getting older and holding the bottle himself it is helpful to put him down somewhere while he eats sometimes.  I have been using our mamaroo but he's getting too big at this point.  He prefers to be at an incline rather than sitting straight up, so the high chair doesn't work very well.  Do you have a seat of some kind that is better for large babies?  Where does your LO drink their bottle?

Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Where do you feed LO?

• jnetx said:
    We breastfeed, but my high chair can recline for bottle feeding.

This. Also we have the Fisher Price infant to toddler seat which reclines.

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I still hold her for every feeding, but when I'm at work my mom will sometimes lay her on a boppy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I usually nurse her, but our nanny puts her in the mamaroo for bottles.  She is getting borderline too big for it though so we sometimes just put her on the floor propped up on the boppy or pillow so she's at an incline.  Now that's she's mobile though she tends to get crazy on the floor so we end up holding her.
  • DS nurses with me. We have a FP infant to toddler rocker he can hold the bottle in that if I give him water. Usually I hold him though.
  • LovenizLoveniz member
    I either hold LO or lay him on the Boppy. My LO can hold his bottle, but usually will try to start playing at some point and we have to hold him.
    TTC #1 Since Oct 2011
    BFP #1 4/29/12 m/c 5/18/12 at 6w2d
    BFP #2 8/28/12 EDD 5/10/13 MC 9/22/12 at 6w4d
    BFP #3 12/31/12 EDD 9/12/13

Me Dx: DOR   DH: all tests normal
    Our Pretty Little Nest Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • llybeckllybeck member
    I sometimes have her feed herself, like on the weekends and occasionally in the morning, I hold her at night to help her get sleepy. Honestly, she can hold the bottle and do it herself but I don't get to feed her all the time since I work so I like to snuggle when I can :)

She eats a lot of solids now, pretty much anything we're eating, so she sits in her high chair for that. Or if we're out and about or at my parents house, etc, we'll sit her on our lap or on the floor to feed solids. She just likes food, it doesn't matter where!
  • kje120kje120 member
    jnetx said:
    We breastfeed, but my high chair can recline for bottle feeding.
    Same here.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • She won't hold the bottle herself. I feed her wherever. In the mornings, I usually put her in the highchair. Other times during the day, I sit her in front of me and she lays back against me at a little recline. That's if she's starting a bottle and eating most of it. Other times, she crawls over and I feed her while she's sitting down, on all fours, or sometimes laying down, or sometimes standing up holding on to the couch. These are her little pit stops refuleing for play ;)

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"