3rd Trimester
Options

stretch marks...should I sigh happily already?

Hi everyone,

does not getting stretch marks by now, 33W 5D mean that I won't get them? has anyone went past this point in their current or previous pregnancies and ended up not getting them at all?

been using creams and oils on my belly, sides, thighs, and breasts since before I got a bump or gained any weight and my gain has been really steady and is at minimum. I know it is genetic however and my mom's belly apparently was full of stretch marks when she was pregnant. She didn't use any hydration methods though and gained so much weight after being super skinny
imageimage
God Bless You my Little One
Farida, our first child, born on the 19th of July 2014
Farida, at 8 weeks

Re: stretch marks...should I sigh happily already?

• Options
    Nope. I have a few on my belly that have just popped up in the last week - I'll be 37 wks on Friday. Sorry!

Married 8.1.2010
    DD #1: Arrived 10.7.2011
    TTC #2 Since March 2013
    BFP 5.20.2013, EDD 1.26.2014, natural mc @ 5 wks 5.25.2013
    BFP 6.21.2013, EDD 3.14.2014, Twins - missed mc @ 7w6d, D&C 8.6.2013
    BFP 10.7.2013, EDD June 20 2014 - It's a GIRL!   

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    NADA-HNADA-H member
    I figured it was too good to be true...will have my fingers crossed but at least now I know I'm not quiet past that point yet...thanks ladies
    imageimage
    God Bless You my Little One
    Farida, our first child, born on the 19th of July 2014
    Farida, at 8 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With DS i didn't have any stretch marks until I was told I needed to be induced. Then i gained 6 lbs in one week and got them. The good thing is they weren't bad, just some silvery faint marks but they are still there.
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options
    aander6aander6 member
    Lots of people get them in the last weeks or days of pregnancy. I have heard of plenty of women on here who even got them after delivery. There is nothing you can do about them. I did not get them with my first pregnancy but it is something I think you are best to just prepare for. 
     image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry to say, but you can definitely still get them. I made it through my first pregnancy without them, but either from all of the pulling on my stomach during c section, or just the excess skin afterwards I ended up with faint silver ones around my belly button. I'm about 33 weeks now and either those original marks are more prominent, or I've gotten a few more silver ones around my belly button.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    I didn't have a single one till between 36 and 37 weeks. It started as 3 little tiny ones and now the area around my belly button looks like a got in a fight with a cat. They're everywhere. It really bugged me at first but there's not really anything you can do. My skin just couldn't take it anymore I guess.
  • Options
    I had them on my boobs early on, I went from a 34B to a 38DD in about 6 weeks, but didnt get any on my sides until almost 37 weeks. I never got stretch marks on my stomach, and the ones I did get on my sides are silver.

• Options
    At 34 weeks you still have a lot of growing to do. There is no sigh of relief until you're home from delivery.
    I got thigh stretch marks after being pumped with IV fluids during my first delivery.
  • Options
    Meery82Meery82 member
    edited May 2014
    If I remember correctly, mine showed up pretty late in pregnancy. And the cocoa butter oil I rubbed on every night didn't do shit.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I got so some new ones about 36 weeks. They're small. I'm not worried about them. They'll fade out with time.
  • Options
    rlyttlerlyttle member
    Some women say they show up after right after birth. GL! 
  • Options
    Hah no!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Got mine at 36w 5d. 

Good luck!

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Options
    I had one little one pop up on my belly at 38 weeks. Doggone it! I had already had some on my sides, but I thought my belly was in the clear. I guess not! :( Oh well. 

** After  2 1/2 years of Unexplained IF, 2 failed medicated cycles, and 4 failed IUI's - our baby girl came to us through the miracle of
     Mini IVF! **

• Options
    RaeJ004RaeJ004 member
    OMG the stupid questions today are killing me!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Georgia 3/15/2012 Matilda 6/12/2014 TWINS!! Babies 3&4 EDD 11/22/2016
  • Options
    I already have a crapload from losing a ton of weight when I went to college. My thighs and hips have the silver/white tiger stripe thing going on although I'm getting them tattooed over. So far I have just seen them on my boobs as a result of the pregnancy. I am also just doing the "drink lots of water" thing and using apricot oil on my belly in the shower but that's it - I won't be surprised if I get some on my belly and will be SUPER surprised if I don't!
    Southern California
    Together for six years, married for five
    BFP 12/06/13 - EDD 8/11/14 
    BABY BOY born 8/14/14!

• Options
    I didn't get stretch marks until around 37 weeks with my first pregnancy.... i literally went from not having any, to being covered all over my belly and boobs. I also used lotions and what not. So yahh you're definitely not in the clear.
  • Options
    I have never gotten pregnancy stretch marks, but I got some on my boobs after delivery last time when my milk came in.
    Photoset 15 of 15

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Well this is depressing... Guess I gotta watch out for them too in the next few weeks.

BFP#1: 08/30/12 EDD 04/30/12 m/c 09/04/12 6wks
    BFP#2: 01/27/13 EDD 10/06/13 missed m/c 02/25/13 9wks
    BFP#3: 10/30/13 EDD 07/05/14 Our little dude was born on 07/10/14 @ 2:19p <3

• Options
    argonneargonne member

Ha ha ha!  No.  No, you're not in the clear.

I got them around 37 weeks with DS.  They faded pretty quickly and are barely visible.  I would expect to see some new ones this time around, most likely the same timeframe.  They really aren't a huge deal and they fade.  I don't know why some women freak out about them.  If you want to have a kid, stretch marks tend to come with the territory.  It doesn't matter how much you externally "hydrate" your skin.  If you're going to get them, you're going to get them.

• Options
    Pepper6Pepper6 member
    You grow the most in the last part of pregnancy, so if anything, I'd be expecting them more and more as you get farther along.  Also, they can even come after delivery, so you are never really 'safe' until you are a few days/weeks PP (and even then could still get some on your boobs depending on milk enlargement).

Also, no amount of lotion will help, ever.  It can help with the tightness/itchiness feeling in your skin, but does nothing to actually prevent stretch marks.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    yeah.yeah. member
    nope. Got 'em at 42 weeks, just before she was born/
  • Options
    I went from having two small ones and a few tiny ones on my hips/thighs at 35 to being covered with the claw mark ones at 38.

• Options
    I'm 38w 5d and have just a few small ones on my sides... Nothing I'm too worried about... But I feel like I get bigger by the day so it wouldn't surprise me if a few more popped up
  • Options
    Nope mine actually appeared after I started losing the baby weight. For me they appeared after my stomach went down. I can visibly see them this time while pregnant though. Before they just popped up later.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"