Multiples
Options

Twins....

Hello!

I just had my first ultrasound, dr sent me in for a dating to ensure I was on track. The tech and 2 dr's confirmed there are 2 yolks, 2 fetal poles but currently one heart beat. The twin with the heart beat is measuring exactly on track at 7w6d with a hb of 170 and the other is measuring 2 weeks behind at 5w6d.

They said one baby might not make it but I am to go back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound. Anyone have any experience with something like this?? Thanks!

Re: Twins....

• Options
    No experience. Sending you good thoughts for a happy and healthy pregnancy!
                         My fraternal twin boys. Born Sept 2013.
  • Options
    MsnakerMsnaker member
    Baby 1 measured exactly right, 7w6d. We are prepared for baby 2 to not stick as it is a big gap but just never know so we hope for healthy!! Thanks guys
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not the same exactly, but both of mine measured a week behind from the first scan and we didn't see hbs until I was 6 weeks (supposed to be 7 weeks).  T&Ps to you!!
    Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
    #1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
    IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
    #1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
    #1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
    H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
    #2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
    M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ANGnJONANGnJON member
    No experience here either but wanted to say GL at your next u/s! My thoughts & prayers are with you!
    Me: 37, DH: 42 Married March 22, 2003 TTC since early 2006, Fertility treatments since 02/2013 First Pregnancy with Twins EDD 10.24.2014
  • Options
    ltlavacltlavac member
    I just had my 7 week ultrasound and they found 2 yolk sacs and 2 fetal poles, only 1 had a heartbeat measuring 7w1 day and the other measured 1 week behind. The bizarre thing is the week before I had my ultrasound and was 5w5d and there was only 1 yolk sac and fetal pole? Don't know where the 2nd one came from. I had IVF and one embryo implanted, so it would be an identical. Going back next Thursday for another ultrasound, but they said it's likely the 2nd will not make it.

• Options
    MsnakerMsnaker member
    @Itlavac sounds like we got told very similar responses!  Fingers crossed for you when you go back!!
  • Options
    Rxmom04Rxmom04 member
    Thinking good thoughts for both of you.
  • Options
    Yes, this happened to me at 7 weeks. Baby A was right on track with a heartbeat, the other was empty and no heartbeat. The doctor prepared me that my body may expell the sac and 4 days later I thought that is what occurred.  I went to the doctor that day and baby b was magically there with a heartbeat; the bleeding was from a bloodclot. By 12 weeks baby b caught up and I now have 4 month old boys! So it is possible. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing @matthew24‌!! I still have 9 days before the ultrasound and it feels like forever playing the waiting game!!! But it certainly makes me feel better knowing that there is a chance!!
  • Options
    @Itlavac how did your follow up go today?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"