Success after IF
Options

Low AMH advice

Hi Ladies, I am normally on the trouble TTC board but I thought I would reach out over here. I have been told I have low AMH 6.3 in Canada and .88 in US and I am 31 years old, my husbands sperm is "excellent". I am currently on my 2nd IUI and my doctor has said if I have 3 failed IUI's we will move on to IVF. I am wondering if anyone here has any advice on low AMH or success stories?

Re: Low AMH advice

• Options
    My AMH was 0.31 and my FSH was 9.83 at age 36. My understanding is that the AMH represents the egg quantity, the FSH the egg quality.

I got pregnant on my 4th medicated cycle with follistim. The first 3 were TI, the successful one was my first IUI.

I also know of a former SaIFer who had low AMH who got pg the same time as me withDS2.

GL!!!
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I also have low AMH and high FSH and my RE put me on supplements for this 4th IVF, DHEA and CoQ10, perhaps ask your RE about those?  I also highly recommend acupuncture.

What was your FSH?
    H: 34 dx Azoospermia due to CBAVD from CF  
    ME: 39 IS FINE!!!  DOR and poor AMH/FSH/LH
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #1 Beta 1 373 Beta 2 1783 BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Born April 2010!!
    Natural FET 5/26/12 2 blasts Beta 1 207 Beta 2 513 Beta 3 1377 U/S 6/28 Pregnancy not viable d & c scheduled :( 
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #2 ER 11/15/12 Nothing to transfer :( 
    IVF/ICSI #3 April 2013 MDLF 3dt of 3 embryos, chemical :(  
    IVF #4/ICSI/MESA/CCS/FET EPP April 2015
    ODWU CCRM with Dr. Sch COMPLETE!!!! Put on acai supplement they are studying for DOR and embryo quality.
    DAY 3 Labs Drawn 2/26 put on vitamin D and calcium supplements
    Regroup and Protocol Reveal 3/04 "Bazooka Protocol" EPP with MDLF "Protocol 6 with patches"
    ER/MESA 4/10 ER 9 eggs retrieved MESA success found live swimmers :)
    Fertilization Report 6 eggs mature and ICSI'd 4 eggs fertilized normally
    Day 6 Report to Blast for CCS 4/16: 2 DAY 5 BLASTS BIOPSIED FOR CCS a 4AB and a 3AB!!!!
    CCS Results BOTH BLASTS CCS NORMAL!!!!!!  call on 4/24
    Regroup call to discuss CCS results and FET call on 5/20
    FET prep: CD 1 6/08 CD 3 Start BCP 6/10, HSG 6/12 Lupron Start 10 iu 6/17 End BCP 6/21 CD 1 6/23!!!
    Start vivelle patches 6/25 change e/o/d reduce Lupron to 5iu 6/25 Blood Draw 7/01, 7/08, 7/15, 7/19
    Increase vivelle patches 7/03 2 change e/o/d and 7/05 change e/o/d 3 and 7/07 4 change e/o/d add vaginal estrace 2x a day
    Lining Check/Blood Draw 7/08 and 7/15 End Lupron 7/18  Start PIO 1ml daily 7/18  Blood  Draw 7/19
    Flight to clinic 7/22
    FET 2 CCS BLASTS :):)  7/23 :):) YES YES both thawed and both fully expanded :):)
    7/26 :):) 3dp5dt PM very very faint positive FRER
    7/27: 4dp5dt Neg Digi AM but very very faint positive FRER PM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 1-2 :):) 
    7/31:8dp5dt AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 2-3!!!! :):) 
    Beta 1 8/01= 408!!!!!!!!!! at 9dp5dt FET
    Beta 2 8/03 = 1014!!!!!!!!!! at 11dp5dt FET
    8/05/2015 AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 3+!!!! :):) 
    First Ultrasound: 8/20!!!!!! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Genetics says BOTH BOYS!!!!!!!!!
    Second Ultrasound: 9/03!!!!!!!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    IBackBevoIBackBevo member
    edited May 2014
    I just had my 2nd child with undetectable amh. I would take ubiquinol coq10 3 times a day, baby aspirin and vitamin d (like 2000 iu). I got pregnant naturally on this regime with my 2nd. I am 33. I also have high fsh and a very low afc (like 4).
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • Options
    Thank you all for responding. I don't know what I would do with out people like you ladies. My FSH is 7.4 this month and all the other levels they are happy with. Currently I take Coq10, vitamin C, vitamin B and vitamin D. I spoke with my RE and he said he doesn't want me to take DHEA because it has side effects he doesn't like. We have been ttc for 1.5 years with no success. I just hope I can finally get a BFP before he would like to do IVF. My other concern is, if I can still get pregnant with low AMH, why haven't i in 1.5 years? I was stressing out pretty bad before, to the point where I didn't ovulate for 2 months.
  • Options
    Also my AFC this month was 9.
  • Options

I have low AMH as well but that's not surprising given my age (42).  I had it tested though when I think I was 38ish and I've had two children since then, one from IUI and one without any assistance at all at age 41.

So, given my history and that of many other women I know also with low AMH, I don't put a ton of stock into worrying too much about a low number.  AMH is an indicator of egg quantity and although it would be great to have a ton of eggs left, when it comes down to it you just need one good egg to make a baby.

As to why you haven't gotten pregnant yet, when you consider what the odds are each month for 100% "normal" couples to get pregnant, it can help to put the time it takes those of us who are reproductively challenged into a little more perspective.  Doing IUIs will help to up your chances and IVF will give you your best shot at getting pregnant.  Obviously, not ovulating isn't going to help!  What kind of IUIs have you been doing and how many follicles have there been each cycle? 

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options
    Hi- my AMH was checked shortly after I turned 33 and it was .21 (that was almost 2 years ago so who knows where it is now). However, the rest of my bloodwork was normal so my RE was optimistic. I went through 3 failed IUIs and one canceled IVF before I was successful with my first IVF that I made to transfer. They only retrieved 7 eggs but 4 made it to blast (transferred 2 and I have one son and 2 frosties) so I think even though the quantity was low, the quality was good. Judging by your age and other bloodwork, I am hoping you have great quality as well.
    I didn't take any supplements but I did do acupuncture- no idea if it helped anything other than my stress level but I just wanted to share my success story. I think seeing a RE with experience with DOR patients is key and also slow and steady growth during stims.
    Best of luck!
    Me 36/DH 46 Me: Low AMH (.21) DOR, mild endo; Started seeing RE 11/12
    Jan-March '13 3 IUIs Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    April '13 IVF 1 MDLF converted to 4th IUI due to 3 runaway follicles! BFN
    July/Aug '13 IVF 1.2 Long Lupron = 7R, 6F, 2T= BFP!!!
    Beta 1=512, Beta 2=1,368 Beta 3= 4,128
    It's a boy!!!!
    SUA, GD
    EDD 4/26/14

He's Here! Arrived 4/15/14!!!!

September 2015 - FET with remaining embryos
    Twins! EDD: 6/14/15

PAIF/SAIF Everyone welcome!
  • Options
    STL34STL34 member
    I was diagnosed DOR at age 31.  I had a .66 AMH, 10 FSH and 14 or so AFC at that time.  I have really low response to stimulation.  The most embryos I've had from any of my 4 IVF cycles is 3.  I got pregnant on IVF #3 and have a beautiful little girl.  She is now 2 years old and I am now 36.  We have not prevented and have had failed TI, IUI and IVF cycles since she was born.  My AMH has fluctuated over the years.  It was .4 right before the cycle that worked and it was .74 when last tested a few months ago.  

It is definitely scary.  I didn't think there was any chance I would have my own child after getting the diagnosis and having failed cycles.  We also have some other issues to contend with.  But, we have had success before and we hope to one more time.  

Keep in mind that the lower AMH can point to lower response.  But, quality is better than quantity any day.  I hope you find success and don't even have to do IVF.  Good luck!! 

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Options
    Thank you so much ladies. Reading all your stories help me so much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"