January 2013 Moms
Options

New developments!!

Let's share what our LO's are now doing that they haven't before! It seems like DS is doing so many new things, it's so very exciting!

1. Singing 'Old McDonald', especially the E-I-E-I-O part, he screams it, so cute!
2. He is becoming Mr. Pete and Repeat. Our friend who is living with us taught him to say "Hey Chica Chica!". I assume he is grooming him to utilize my son in the dating market. Not very happy with this, but it is adorable when DS says this out of the blue. Yesterday he repeated things he heard on the TV when it was on, including lines from whichever Son's of Anarchy episodes we watched. Probably not the best for a toddler...
3. He's wanting to sit on his potty seat for the first time ever, before he'd just stare at it strange and give me a look like "really Mom, you want me to do what on that?!?".
4. DS is definitely eating more different foods, well at least trying them. Before he wouldn't touch any food unless it was one of his 9 staples...now he tries anything we put in front of him...he may not like it and eat it again, but he's trying it. That makes me happy. This does include trying to eat rocks from our landscaping (they are big ones, so he cannot actually eat them), as well as sticks and leaves from outside.
5. Toddler tantrums are real and they are happening daily in our house. We have chosen the "ignore method". So far it's working pretty well. A lot better then the "NO!" method we had before. 
6. Lastly, baths are almost daily now that he is so active and loves to play in any dirt/water he can find outside. Before we gave him a bath only twice maybe three times a week. I'm learning boys are gross...

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
**Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

Re: New developments!!

• Options
    DD pretends to take a nap if we're playing in my bed. She gives me a kiss, says "nigh-nigh" and lays down. It's sooooo cute.

Also, when she wants something and I say no, she nods her head yes and gives me the cutest little flirty look like she's going to change my mind. She keeps doing this even though it never works, haha. ;-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DCKateDCKate member
    edited May 2014
    I think little boys with dolls are the sweetest. Our little nephew does the same thing with his baby. Good practice for being kind and involved daddies!

DS busted out "bubble" last week - if you're on IG you may have seen the video.  He's obsessed with bubbles, and can actually blow them himself.   

He's starting to string words together a little bit.  Just "hi mama", "brown bear" and "where go". But it's so cute.

He also likes to play with baby dolls. He pats their backs and puts them to bed - and I die of cuteness. 
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

1. She also tries to sing EIEIO, which she does poorly and I love it.  Another book states "bump bump bump, I'm a camel with a hump" and she does the bump bump bump part and waits for me to finish it. 

2. Her first phrases are "daddy's at work" (of course, because mommy doesn't???) and "down slide!"

3. She mothers everything.  She feeds and shares her milk with us, her animals, her babies, pretty much anything with a face.

4. Our bedtime has gotten so mature (obviously subject to change, haahaa).  She just grabs her water sippy, turns on her music and says Night Night!

5. We are on our last tooth.  Until the dreaded two year molars. Thank God.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    1) DS has been really good with "Please" and "Thank You" for a while - something we implemented once he started saying "I want that" for everything at about 13 months (DH and I can't stand rude kids).  Out of the blue a couple weeks ago, he was handing me things while I was getting ready one morning.  He'd pull out my comb, I'd say, "can I have the comb please?"  He'd say, "There you go."  I'd say, "thank you."  Then he, totally surprised me with, "You're welcome."  My jaw dropped!  We worked on please and thank you, but I never even thought to push you're welcome, he picked it up on his own.

2) He likes to "read" books while I change his diaper in the morning, and this morning, he told me he wanted "Brown Bear" (Brown Bear, Brown Bear What do you see?).  He then proceeded to flip through the pages and tell me each animal on the pages.  Again, I just stood there in awe.  We read the book usually 2-3 times a week, but I just didn't realize what he was picking up on.

3) His new favorite thing is dinosaurs, and he says it all the time.  He has the Mine-a-saur book and a dinosaur toy that he runs and gets while sing-songing dinosaur the whole time.  I love hearing his little voice with those long words.

4) We haven't been pushing the potty chair, but he's started to tell me "I go poop" as he's doing it, so I think potty training is closer than we think.

5) The baths have become very frequent.  I think I hosed him off three times on Saturday along with one full bath before bedtime.  If anyone figures out how to get the dirt out from underneath his fingernails, I'd love some tips.  He loves being outside, and I swear he has a sixth sense on how to get as dirty as possible in the shortest amount of time.
    Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
  • Options
    ==N====N== member
    The other day I came out of the room from getting ready for work and dd looked at me and said "ooooh! Mama pretty!" Melted. My. Heart.

I also love how whenever she listens or does something she's supposed to she claps for herself.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh so many new little things everyday. This age is so much fun and funny. Lets see she is a Talker for sure and will repeat anything you say. She loves to mother everything and everyone. We were at the pool the other day and she found a little girl who was 12 months and she gave her a big hug. My heart melted. She gives her babydolls milk and a blanket and tells them nig-night. She will also tell you shes gonna pop you and then she will hit you. Not sure where she picked that up but mama dont like it. She has so much attitude and definitely thinks shes the boss.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Her vocabulary is just exploding, she is getting to be such a helper: she carries her clothes to the hamper, turns off the lights for us, helps us clean up, and is such a mimic.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    M used to try to feed other babies and her stuffed animals.  But she has discovered it is much better to feed mom and dad, especially food she does not like.  And she is very insulted if her offerings are refused.  She says about 100 words, and loves to point out letters and numbers, although she thinks all letters are "O."  She does not say "please" or "thank you" or help clean, but I'm sure these are parental shortcomings.  Her main phrase is "mom, no," but she also asked "where'd dad go?" and says things like "I'm stuck" and "it stopped."  She is still very hard to understand, and a lot of her words are context dependent.  I know she says "chalk" because she holds it and waves it around while saying "chalk," but if she asked to get out chalk, I would not figure it out.  She loves to run and is going to get thin given that she just runs around all the time.  Her legs are a mess--bruises, cuts, scrapes, a bite or two, and usually some dirt.  She is now a regular bath baby too.
  • Options
    ==N== said:
    The other day I came out of the room from getting ready for work and dd looked at me and said "ooooh! Mama pretty!" Melted. My. Heart. I also love how whenever she listens or does something she's supposed to she claps for herself.
    M used to clap every time she got a puzzle piece in.  It was cute, but kind of embarrassing because the baby-sitter and everyone had to celebrate every piece.  Now she's doesn't do that, but yesterday she did put her spoon down so she could clap because she got a big bite of yogurt in her mouth.
  • Options
    DS sleeps in his own "big boy" bed all by himself! I finally baby proofed his room and have just let him have the queen guest bed as his own. It is so lovely to sleep in bed with DH again!

Still not talking at all (I'm amazed at all the talking and singing your LOs are doing) but he knows words and can point to things we ask him to point to (his tummy is his latest learned word and it's so cute when he lifts his shirt to show me his tummy). He can bring us things that we ask for and give us "baby hugs" if we ask. I imagine he'll be one of those kids that just suddenly starts talking in sentences.

He loves to open and close cupboards and closets and will put all his toys away.

He waves hi first thing in the morning and waves byebye whenever someone leaves.

He definitely has TV show preferences now and sat and watched most of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.

• Options
    Tonight when I was getting him changed for bed, I took his shoes off and set them next to me. He FREAKED out, screamed "no no no no no", got up, grabbed his shoes and put them away. He was not okay wit the fact that I didn't put them away as soon as I took them off. It cracked me up.

He's also completely obsessed with noses. He loves to point to everyone's (including the dog's!) nose while saying "ose". He does it all day long.

One of my favorite things is when H goes out back or when he's cutting the grass, DS will stand at the back door or the window, screaming "Daaaaaaaad" then he waves when H looks up at him. He's such a daddy's boy!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm jealous of your LOs that help clean up, looks like we need to start pushing this more! 

DH and I were just remarking this morning how much fun this age is and how it seems like LO is doing something new every day.  Every morning when DD gets dressed she goes to the big mirror and poses.  Part of me feels like I shouldn't be encouraging this, but it's just so cute! 

I think her other cutest moves are the big open mouthed kisses she gives other babies (but rarely adults) and watching her wear her favorite shirt my parents bought her in Ireland with sheep on it.  She'll walk up to complete strangers, point to her shirt, and go baaah! 

Also, I find it funny that she's a pretty fearless child, except when it comes to roosters.  A rooster on a video, in a book, or especially IRL is enough to bring her to tears!

• Options
    We've always had to bathe DD daily. Not a boy thing, an exploring thing! DD gets into everything and spends hours outside and it's outrageously hot here so even though I don't use soap daily she gets baths.

Today DD said "I don't know" too and it was too freaking cute.

DD loves to brush her teeth, anytime we're in the bathroom she says "teeth" until I give her a toothbrush! 

We started a music class last week and it's going really well, in just one week she seems to be understanding the importance of chilling out and focusing on what the group is doing as a whole. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"