Pregnant after 35

weekly check-in (5/27)

QOTRQOTR member
edited May 2014 in Pregnant after 35
Hi Ladies!    I hope everyone had a nice weekend and for those in the US, I hope you had a chance to remember & honor those that we've lost while serving our country.

This will be the last check-in I lead, as one way or the other, I should be on my way to having a baby next Tuesday.   I hope someone else picks it up as I plan to continue to check in on everyone!

1) Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2) Age at delivery? (optional)

3) Any other children? Furbabies?

4) How are you feeling? New symptoms this week?

5) Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves?

QOTW:
  What book, movie, etc.from your childhood are you looking forward to sharing?   For STMs (second time Moms), if you've already shared it, did it hold up?
Me-41, Hubby-40.
1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
Dear Son born 5/28/14

Re: weekly check-in (5/27)

• QOTRQOTR member
    1) Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby?  5/20.  41 weeks.   Full grown baby size!

2) Age at delivery? (optional)   41

3) Any other children? Furbabies?   A 13 year old dog.

4) How are you feeling? New symptoms this week?  I'm still feeling well.  I've finally accepted that baby will come when he comes.  I've canceled the acupuncture appointments I had scheduled for the week and am just going to do things that are relaxing and make me feel good, like walking, yoga, eating good food and relaxing with my husband.

I have a NST with the OB this morning and appointments with the perinatologist this afternoon and on Friday for BPPs.   If all of those appointments go well and I still haven't gone into labor on my own, I'll check in to the hospital on 6/02 for induction, on the eve of being 42 weeks.    

As far as a rave, we finally settled on a name last night!  :)

QOTW:
      What book, movie, etc.from your childhood are you looking forward to sharing?   For STMs (second time Moms), if you've already shared it, did it hold up?   My favorite movie as a kid was Fox and the Hound.  I haven't watched it in a couple of decades.  I guess I'll need to watch it again to see when it is age appropriate.  I remember a few scenes that were very scary to me.   My husband is excited to share the Star Wars movies and has a very specific order in which they'll watch them.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • 1) Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby? Dec. 30th. 9 weeks. Olive (martinis anyone?)

2) Age at delivery? (optional) 40

3) Any other children? Furbabies? 1 DD who turns one on Sunday. Dog. Cat. Fish (furless).

4) How are you feeling? New symptoms this week? Still fighting a cold with sore throat. And eating a ton of leftover cake and bad but delicious foods and then feeling icky about it. Still wicked emotional in the sappiest way. No new symptoms other than my periodically crippling fear that there won't be a HB on Friday. 

5) Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves? First appointment on Friday to hear the HB (fingers crossed). That will be a huge relief. 

QOTW:
      What book, movie, etc.from your childhood are you looking forward to sharing?   For STMs (second time Moms), if you've already shared it, did it hold up? I just can't wait to read my favourite classics like The Hobbit, Treasure Island, Tom Sawyer, Johnny Tremain, etc. with all the voices like my dad used to do. MH and I are both left-handed, so we already have bought two baseball gloves for our kids and I can't wait to play catch with dd and baby #2. And we already have dd rolling a baby-sized rugby ball. And Disney movies! That will be awesome!
    *********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Loading the player...
  • Mrs.McIrishMrs.McIrish member
    edited May 2014
    Good luck Qotr! I hope baby arrives soon:-).
    1) Due date: technically it is 12/2 but since its twins and I'm high risk, the MFM said he won't get me go past 37-38 weeks which puts me at 11/12 to 11/19.. So mid-Nov is what I'm telling people.
    2) age at delivery will be 41.
    3) these are our first babies . We have two cats which we got just before IVF 3 and after IVF 4 after putting our 19.5 yr old cat down due to renal failure after IVF 2.
    4) how am I feeling? Considering its twins, I feel fairly fortunate that I feel ok. A little nausea/ stomach cramps but I know it could be much worse.
    5) milestones: I'm 13 weeks tomorrow. We couldn't get measurements at the NT scan last week so I'm considering an amnio in a few weeks...
    Qotw: I've never watched Star Wars etc as a kid (there were no boys and we just weren't interested so DH is all about that. For me, I loved Little House on the Prairie....

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• 1) Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby?
    - 11/23; 14 weeks; I believe we are at lemon :) 

- First baby, we have one cat 

- Feeling so much better in the second trimester! Still a little tired but getting better

- No appointments for awhile, but I officially entered the second trimester (woo hoo!) 

QOTW:
      What book, movie, etc.from your childhood are you looking forward to sharing? 
    - I loved Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and One, Fish, Two FIsh.  I still have my original copies and can't wait to read them to my own child! 
  • QOTRQOTR member
    Oh BuffaloGal, that reminds me... I was so pleased to find my two favorite books online recently - Mimi the Merry Go Round Cat and Bunny Blue.   While I didn't realize at the time how old it was, Bunny Blue was released in the mid- 1940s so the book my siblings and I read was very likely my Mom's copy from her childhood.  I sure wish I still had that copy, but I'm glad to have a replacement to share with my LO.   Does anyone remember this?

Me-41, Hubby-40.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14

unsure on due date. 7w4d by my count. Baby is....tiny.

39. I'll be a couple weeks away from turning 40.

DD1 is 5, DS is 3, DD2 is 17 months. No furbabies.

Feeling okay. VERY TIRED. Icky-feeling here and there and not sure if I'm hungry or not half the time, but it could be a lot worse.

Counting down to my first appointment, which will be on June 2. Assuming all is OK, I can tell the family then. It's getting really hard to hide. I have been obviously pregnant early every time, and now that I'm on baby 4 it's ridiculous. I don't think you can understand without seeing me. I swear I could look 4 months pregnant even though I am 7 weeks. I'm ready to break out my maternity clothes!

In unrelated news, I am baking a strawberry rhubarb pie right now and am super excited about it. :)

QOTW:  What book, movie, etc.from your childhood are you looking forward to sharing?   For STMs (second time Moms), if you've already shared it, did it hold up?

Hmmmm. Mostly I'm looking forward to sharing some of my other kids' favorite books and having another round with the baby stuff. DD1 is finally watching real movies here and there and just LOVES the "Sound of Music," so that's been kind of fun.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @QOTR - I am happy to take over the weekly check-in. Sending you lots of good wishes for a smooth labor and delivery! 

8/8, 29w4d, acorn squash?

One dog.

Horrendous leg cramps at night. Blech. 

Three raves: We finally picked a day care (phew!), DH started painting the nursery and we had our maternity photo shoot. I was on the fence about that last one, but I am so glad we did it. It's nice to have some good, current shots of the two of us (plus belly, of course).

QOTW:
      What book, movie, etc.from your childhood are you looking forward to sharing?   
    "The King Who Rained" was one of my favorite books as a kid, and it's already on my registry. 

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• QOTR sa

1) Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby? I am about 13 1/2 weeks. 

2) Age at delivery? (optional)41

3) Any other children? Furbabies? nope, this is the first.

4) How are you feeling? New symptoms this week? If you have not seen my post, I am TERRIFIED as my NT scan results came back as a 1:45 result for Down Syndrome. Pretty gosh darn terrified. Lots of tears.

5) Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves? Had to go today to doctor for follow up to NT scan. Did Panorama test and will find out in two weeks the results. I need all the prayers I can get, as I am so scared

QOTW:
      What book, movie, etc.from your childhood are you looking forward to sharing?  Will have to think about this. Not sure. For STMs (second time Moms), if you've already shared it, did it hold up?

===siggy warning====
    Me: 40, DH: 42
    Diagnosis: PCOS
    TTC: May 2013
    TX: IUI #1 with Follistim. Canceled due to too many follicles (10 + that were large); BENCHED
    IVF #1 March 6. 14 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized. 
    March 11, 4 eggs transferred.
    March 21 BFP  :) Beta #1 457, Beta #2 1350, Beta #3 9619. 
    Due Date November 27, 2014
    TEAM BLUE

• path75path75 member
    Due date? Estimating 12/31/14 How many weeks are you? 9 weeks tomorrow What size is baby? Green Olive

Age at delivery? 39

Any I other children? Furbabies? One cat Moby and one Pug Rocky

How you feeling? New symptoms? Got more energy but horrible heartburn and new is very slight nauseous.

Upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves? One week I have my first appt at ten weeks. Very anxious and nervous.
    QOTW: What book, movie, etc from your childhood are you looking forward to sharing? I always love the movie The Never Ending Story. But I am sure there are others.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JilliansMomaJilliansMoma member
    edited May 2014
    1-My due date is 10/29/14, today I am 17 weeks, 6 days, I think my baby is the size of onion!

2-I will be 40 

3-I have 3 gorgeous daughters!

4-I am feeling good except it is windy season here in Northern California and I have major allergies because of the damn wind! I'm waiting to feel movements.

5-I have my next appointment for the A/S on 6/12.  

Some raves on my kiddos! My DD#1 will be 6 on Thursday and I can't believe how fast the time has gone. She has turned out to be such a kind hearted, smart, gorgeous little girl and I am continually amazed by her.  

DD #2 has made the transition to big girl bed really well and has stopped getting "sleepy" in my bed first.  She now goes down at the same time as DD#1 which has been nice for DH and myself as it feels like we have our evenings back. 

DD#3 is coming up on her first birthday and sleeps like a champion!  Last night DH put her down at 5 PM for a "nap".  She slept through the night and I had to wake her up at 7:45 this morning when I took my oldest to school!! I think she is hitting a growth spurt.

My rant is that I'm really sad that our family BFF's are moving out of state and leave next week. Our entire family is bummed out. My DH keeps telling me that they aren't moving to Siberia and we can visit, talk on the phone and Facetime easily.  I know all this but it still bums me out.

I really loved the Land Before Time movie (the original) I have it but haven't let them watch it yet because I'm worried they will be scared.  I also love the books Super Fudge (but they are too young still) and Danny Dunn and the Anti Gravity Paint. I have my dads original copy that he signed when he was little, I signed it when he gave it to me in the 4th or 5th grade and I will have my girls sign it too! 

Have a great week everyone and GL QOTR!!!
    JM

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• DjinnaGDjinnaG member
    1) Due date?  Most calculators are giving 2/2/15.  Four weeks - still at poppyseed.

2) Age at delivery? Will be 41.

3) Any other children? Furbabies?  We just added a second dog earlier this year, an Ethel for our Lucy.

4) How are you feeling? New symptoms this week?  Just got our BFP last Friday, so everything is new.  Light-headed, fatigued, gas/bloating, queasy (but no MS yet, thankfully), swollen ankles, the works.  Boobs grew overnight, but thankfully aren't hurting.

5) Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves?  Three weeks until first appt.

QOTW:
      What book, movie, etc.from your childhood are you looking forward to sharing?  The Tripod trilogy, though really, all the classic scifi, in all formats.
    IUD removed 2/13/14
    BFP #1 5/23/14, blighted ovum discovered at 7 wks, Cytotec for missed miscarriage at 8 wks 6/26/14
    BFP #2 4/30/15, heartbeat gone at 8 wks, missed miscarriage again, Cytotec didn't work, D&C 6/12/15
    Biopsy discovered was a partial molar pregnancy, on BC for 6 month wait and test
    Trying again with Follistim/HCG trigger shots beginning January 2016
  • 1) due date 1/27/15, 5w1d, apple seed (rice grain)
    2) age at delivery? 42
    3)Other children? First time mom, we got a cat in March, and a goldfish in April.
    4) how feeling, new symptoms? Heartburn, sore nipples, occasionally want a nap :-)
    5) upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves?
    Appts getting made all over: June 5 (surprise) PCP, June 19 first OB.
    Rant: lab drew 10 tubes of blood ?!?! Very unnecessary, I know, I work there too.
    Rave: I am on vacation! Get to be stress free... now what projects to get done?!? :-)

QOTW: Fairy tales and other stories, Shel Silverstein, Dr. Suess, Sesame Street :-)

@QOTR‌ , best of luck with your delivery! Thanks for the check in :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1) due date 1/20/2015, 6 wks 2 days...a sweet pea! 2) age at delivery: 42 3) other children: one ds 26 months, one dog(pearl) 4) how feeling , new symptoms...bloated, tired and hello all day sickness! Lol 5) upcoming appts: seen baby today and heard heartbeat of 111 and next appt next Wednesday. Rant: for me morning sickness is lie...it's all day sickness! Rave: H took time off to go to dr with me because he knew I was nervous wreck! He is the greatest! QOTR: Disney classics , to kill a mocking bird, but when they are a lot older;)
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • 4) How are you feeling? New symptoms this week? If you have not seen my post, I am TERRIFIED as my NT scan results came back as a 1:45 result for Down Syndrome. Pretty gosh darn terrified. Lots of tears.
    I looked for your post and couldn't find it. Big HUGS. 

Is your doctor recommending any further testing? 

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• indianaalumindianaalum member
    edited May 2014
    4) How are you feeling? New symptoms this week? If you have not seen my post, I am TERRIFIED as my NT scan results came back as a 1:45 result for Down Syndrome. Pretty gosh darn terrified. Lots of tears.
    I looked for your post and couldn't find it. Big HUGS. 

Is your doctor recommending any further testing? 
    Yes, I went in yesterday and took the Panorama test which is a free cell DNA test. IT takes about 2 weeks to find out the results. I am trying to be optimistic, yet am also terrified that being "optimistic" is naive LOL.

The post was titled "NT results" I believe.

===siggy warning====
    Me: 40, DH: 42
    Diagnosis: PCOS
    TTC: May 2013
    TX: IUI #1 with Follistim. Canceled due to too many follicles (10 + that were large); BENCHED
    IVF #1 March 6. 14 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized. 
    March 11, 4 eggs transferred.
    March 21 BFP  :) Beta #1 457, Beta #2 1350, Beta #3 9619. 
    Due Date November 27, 2014
    TEAM BLUE

• Krisd6Krisd6 member
    edited May 2014
    I am past due! I am 40 1/2 weeks. Was due May 24th. He's a jackfruit- not sure what that is!

None

I feel pretty good. Afternoons and evenings continue to be pretty rough- I am just exhausted and feel so heavy but overall I feel great. Excited to think he could be here any day!

Feeling a little frustrated. Have had contractions on and off. Went to the OB yest and I am not dilated, not effaced. He's still pretty high. I now have to go for ultrasounds and fetal stress tests every few days. Waiting to hear on an induction date for next week. I am still working full time so I am trying to figure out what to do next week- do I work or take the time? I'm really trying to save it for when the baby comes!!
  • 1) Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby? Jan 12. 7w3d. Blueberry.

2) Age at delivery? 36

3) Any other children? Furbabies? 3 girls (13,11,7) and one furbaby.

4) How are you feeling? New symptoms this week? Tired. Boobs are better.

5) Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves? My first appt is next Tuesday.

QOTW: The Country Bunny and the Little Golden Shoes. Loved it as a kid and have always read it to my girls.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg

Nov. 4th. About 18 weeks. IDK how big is baby, I don't have a ticker.

5 kiddos ranging in ages 21-10. One cat and rabbit.

Mostly good, tired of course!

Next week is the anatomy scan! Exciting., I always think.

QOTW:
      What book, movie, etc.from your childhood are you looking forward to sharing?   For STMs (second time Moms), if you've already shared it, did it hold up?

IDK mostly I just share what I enjoy.
  • 1) Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby? Jan 30th, 5 weeks, Appleseed 2) Age at delivery? (optional) 37 3) Any other children? Furbabies? Yes my son is 5 and Zoe our sweet dog 4) How are you feeling? New symptoms this week? Just little stretching pain, nausea, very tired 5) Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves? First us on Thursday QOTW: What book, movie, etc.from your childhood are you looking forward to sharing? For STMs (second time Moms), if you've already shared it, did it hold up? Not sure ....
    Baby #1 MC November 2007
    Baby #2 MC June 2008
    Baby #3 Born April 2009
    Baby #4 due date February 2015

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Ten Weeks tomorrow
    2) Age at delivery? (optional
    )
         Furbaby cat that I've had for 14 years.  She's my best friend.
         Struggling with shortness of breath that had me terrified this week.  Starting to relax about it.    Also, tremendous bloating! 
      Doing the Maternity21 test on Wednesday.  Just switched to a new OBGYN this week that I LOVE!!  I feel so good about this decision to switch doctors. 
    QOTW:
    What a great question! I hadn't even thought about this until just now.  Probably "Where the Sidewalk Ends" and Paddington Bear. Oh, and the Barainstein Bears.   I sure wish I still had my childhood books to share.  I can't recall the names of them.  One of my favorites was about a family that moves and the dog gets lost in the move and then eventually finds its way to they new house.  It was like so tragic and then in the end, a happy ending! 

• 1) Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby? January 22, 2014; 6-1/2 weeks; size of a sweet pea

2) Age at delivery? 38
    3) Any other children? 2 boys (almost 7 and 9) Furbabies: one dog

4) How are you feeling? New symptoms this week? Feeling okay. Still really tired...needing to get some exercise!

5) Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves? Meeting with the midwife nurse on the 10th and having all the labs done.

QOTW:
      What book, movie, etc.from your childhood are you looking forward to sharing?   For STMs (second time Moms), if you've already shared it, did it hold up?  I inherited a stack of books from when I was a kid a couple years ago and most my kids didn't enjoy because they are boys and these were clearly "girl" books. I guess we'll see whether this is another boy or if I get to share all my girl-y stuff with the next one!?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"