August 2014 Moms
Options

T&P's- Foot Surgery and Recovery

Hi All!

I went kinda MIA this past week...last Tuesday while running a friend saw me and called out my name. Being the huge klutz that I am (pregnant or not) I turned around mid stride and ended up tripping over my feet. Instinctively, I threw myself on my side to protect the belly, but my foot felt immediately like I rolled my ankle and my wrists and knees were pretty banged up. I got home and my foot was swelling like a balloon, so that afternoon I went to my scheduled growth scan, and then over to urgent care to get my foot looked at. Baby was fine (probably just embarrassed by me), but I had badly broken my fifth metatarsal. The next day I headed to the orthopedic and was shocked when he said "surgery" right away. I asked some questions and had him call my OB to get his input, etc...but after considering my options and calling my BIL who's a Dr, we knew it was the right choice, and they ended up scheduling surgery for the next day (Thursday).

Thursday was a somewhat traumatic day, every time someone gave me a medication I couldn't help but feel worried about baby. Surgery went great and I recovered surprisingly quickly. Since Friday I've just been taking tylenol when I've had pain, and elevating. But now I'm in a cast for a bit, then a boot. Not what I had planned for the beginning of my third tri. DH is being amazing at taking care of me and the house, but I feel overwhelmed and frustrated by this situation and its' timing. I feel very lucky that everything went well, that I work from home so I can continue to work, and that I have DH's family in the area to help out. Likely everything should heal before my EDD, but please send a few T&P's my way to ensure that I do.  I had wanted to post this before surgery but figured I'd wait until I could say everything went well :) TIA for all your support. You guys are pretty rad. Here are some GIFs for getting through my story.

(neither of these GIFs represent my present state, but I love them)
BFP 12.13.13. Baby Girl EDD 8.21.14.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: T&P's- Foot Surgery and Recovery

• Options
    Oof, what an ordeal!!

glad things seem to be on the mend, and at least it happened now, not right after baby! Hope your recovery is speedy
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear this! You've been such a running inspiration to me through this journey so far... Sending thoughts for a speedy recovery

image    image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    chase16chase16 member

Yikes! Sorry to hear that! Speedy recovery

• Options
    RacllaRaclla member
    Hoping you have a speedy recovery!!!

Does anyone remember the thread about the girl who was afraid she couldn't birth her child the way she wanted because of a hurt foot? 
    Married April 12
    DD June 13
    #2 EDD 8/8/14 - DS July 14
    2 Furry Kids - 
    Rosco: The most awesome pug ever.
    Pumpkin: The most non-catlike cat ever.  
  • Options
    Ouch. I know your pain though, and it sucks. I had my sugery on June 9 2012 and was crutches all summer (I wasn't pregnant though).

Helpful tips.

Putting padding on the arm part helped so much. My MIL got a neat pattern and padded it well.

Having a snack/boredom table set up next to me. Magazines, candy, water, healthier snacks, word search puzzles.

Netflix was a savior as well as hulu.

Showers/baths were fun, leg hanging over the edge, a shower chair helped when I finally found one.

Here's to a fast recovery.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Raclla said:
    Hoping you have a speedy recovery!!!

Does anyone remember the thread about the girl who was afraid she couldn't birth her child the way she wanted because of a hurt foot? 
    YES! I thought about that when I posted.
    BFP 12.13.13. Baby Girl EDD 8.21.14.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry to hear you had to deal with a broken foot and surgery! Wishing you an uneventful and speedy recovery so you're back to good shape when baby arrives.

Married since 8.2.08
    DS born 8.11.14
    BFP #2: 9.14.16, EDD: 5.24.17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh man, sounds terrible! thinking good thoughts for you!
    Southern California
    Together for six years, married for five
    BFP 12/06/13 - EDD 8/11/14 
    BABY BOY born 8/14/14!

• Options
    T&P's going out, I hope all goes well!
    <{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 <a href="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Trying to Conceive">BabyFruit Ticker}>
  • Options
    T&Ps for a speedy recovery!
    TTC #1 since August 2011 w/ unexplained IF
    09/12-11/13: 3 TIs, 3 IUIs, ICSI/PGS IVF & 2 FETs
    08/14: Our little miracle has FINALLY arrived - 3 years after we started trying!
  • Options
    Sending healing thoughts! Your postive outlook will definitely help speed the process!
  • Options
    Ouch! Hoping for a speedy recovery!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    Laur110Laur110 member
    UGH! Wishing you a super speedy recovery and sending T&P your way.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"