Zion
5% 11 votes
Canaan
1% 3 votes

Re: Boy Name Poll

• Sorry I don't like any
  • NLJ82NLJ82 member
    edited May 2014
    Why not Maverick? TBH it's not my absolute favorite either, but this is part of our list so i'm just wondering the reason behind the "no", unless you just simply don't like the way it sounds...everyone is different :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • NLJ82NLJ82 member

oh, gotcha. I've never seen Top Gun & didn't know that was a charcter's name in the movie.

• NLJ82NLJ82 member
    lol, does she have a kid named Maverick?

• River, then Dawson.

Not Maverick.  Ever.  Sorry!

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• NLJ82NLJ82 member

lol, I just know what I like and I know that others aren't always going to like them so it's not a big deal to me, just wondered why "no". Yea...MacGyver is ridiculous haha.

I, personally like Dawson bc well....just love the way it sounds but I also like Zion bc it's defined as the Promised Land and Heaven on Earth and I'm pretty religious and think it's neat.

• NLJ82 said:

lol, I just know what I like and I know that others aren't always going to like them so it's not a big deal to me, just wondered why "no". Yea...MacGyver is ridiculous haha.

I, personally like Dawson bc well....just love the way it sounds but I also like Zion bc it's defined as the Promised Land and Heaven on Earth and I'm pretty religious and think it's neat.

I actually like Zion for you as well then, if it means something to you.  I have a friend with a DS named Zion so it doesn't seem that unusual to me.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• River!
    Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• There is a little Maverick in our daycare class and I love it! Super cute name!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • NLJ82NLJ82 member
    smpeachey said:
    I would use Cole as the first name.
    Our last name sounds like "Loot". Very short, one syllable and just doesn't sound right to us.

• As you stated this: but I also like Zion bc it's defined as the Promised Land and Heaven on Earth and I'm pretty religious and think it's neat.   So that is my top pick as none of the other's are my style and Zion has a beautiful meaning.
  • Dawson
    Married 8/14/09
    TTC #1 since 5/2014
    BFP #1 11/14/14 - CP @ 5w2d
    image  image  image
  • I voted for Dawson, and River would be my second choice. And like others have said, scratch Maverick off the list ASAP!
  • Dawson by default.  Not a fan of any of these names.  Sorry.  Maverick is horrible.
  • Thumbs down to all. Sorry.
    Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • I voted Dawson before reading the comments. I'd change to Zion now that I've read what you wrote. It has meaning to you, and I think that's most important.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • NLJ82NLJ82 member
    I know this comment will get mixed in the shuffle, but in addition to this list, would anyone prefer Connor (DH pick) or Grayson (A name we actually agree on!) ???

• NLJ82 said:
    No offense, but how do you not know any of these current event/pop culture things?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • NLJ82 said:
    I know this comment will get mixed in the shuffle, but in addition to this list, would anyone prefer Connor (DH pick) or Grayson (A name we actually agree on!) ???

I really like Greyson (this spelling), but it's not a favorite on this board.  While trendy, I do think it's a really handsome name. 

Connor is just OK for me personally.

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• rider5344 said:
    NLJ82 said:
    No offense, but how do you not know any of these current event/pop culture things?

She's a youngin.

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• NLJ82NLJ82 member
    rider5344 said:
    NLJ82 said:
    lol! it's ok. on another thread I had LL Cool J & Run DMC explained to me lol. I don't keep up with politics at all however, so that's ur answer for this specific situation I guess.

• NLJ82NLJ82 member
    edited May 2014
    rider5344 said:
    NLJ82 said:

She's a youngin.
    26 lol. I grew up around bluegrass music and nickelodeon. I'm sheltered haha

• I still like River best.
    Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• NLJ82NLJ82 member
    This woman I work with keeps insisting that it should be spelled "Kole". I mean....that's incorrect, right? Bc....no.

• I voted Dawson but I love Connor.  And I like Zion.  

Maverick just sounds silly to me.  
  • I like River, but I actually voted for Canaan. Pronounced KAY-nen, right? I grew up with a Keinan (same pronounciation and I always liked it.
  • ZimgerZimger member
    I LOVE Maverick. My second choice would be River. Grayson would come in third. However, if it is a name that you and your SO/DH agree on then go with that. Being able to agree on a name can be difficult.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • NLJ82NLJ82 member
    mbm1983 said:
    wait wait wait...

have you never seen this gem of a movie either? it's exactly what i think of when i hear Maverick.

Never even heard of it lol

• I like Maverick best  :)  

But people don't seem to care for my taste in names, so I guess don't listen to me!  
    8-}

5 years TTC, no luck with IUI's, failed IVF June 2013, 
    FET Oct 2013 with delayed transfer, intralipids, lovenox & prednisone= first BFP of my life!
    ***Beautiful baby boy born June 13th!*** 

• Sorry, these are all terrible choices. Try again.
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • River is my fave, but I'm not crazy about it with mn Cole. And I have never seen Top Gun, either, and wouldn't have gotten the Maverick connection.

• I like River best, I like the way River Cole sounds.
  • I love Cole as a first. Dawson and River are okay first names, although all I can really think of is a crying James Van Der Beek, but the other three are nms. At all.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• NLJ82NLJ82 member
    I love Cole as a first. Dawson and River are okay first names, although all I can really think of is a crying James Van Der Beek, but the other three are nms. At all.

I think this is a Dawson's Creek reference....which I've also never seen lol BUT, my husband (who is 8 years older) is quick to remind me about it :/

TBH, after we talked about it, we MAY be going with Grayson Cole. It's the only one we can agree on lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"