February 2013 Moms
Options

Rashes-update

djm31012djm31012 member
edited May 2014 in February 2013 Moms
Ds woke up today with a nasty rash of all red flat spots. No idea what it's from. I'm calling the pedi at 830 when they open to bring him in but anyone ever see anything similar? We just had HFM 2 weeks ago so I'm hoping it's not that , tho he's eating great , acting normal and slept wonderfully last night so I'm assuming it's a diff type of virus. The only thing new we have used this weekend was Honest bug spray on Saturday ...

update: went to the pedi. he said its either the end of a virus working its way out or a reaction to the Honest bug spray we used this weekend. He said it could take a few days to soak into his skin which is why it showed up last night and not before. He said if its a virus he is passed the point of being contagious. He did give us Claritin to help it, tho DS doesnt seemed to be at all bothered by it. I am just concerned that it seems to be getting worse from this morning, but I guess if the pedi isnt concerned I shouldnt be either. I will just keep an eye on it.

Re: Rashes-update

• Options
    @dc2london according to DH who is home with him right now  flatt-ish. slightly raised but not scabby or anything and dont seem to bother him.
  • Options
    What's HFM?  (sorry)

I hope he feels better soon! That is peculiar. Those are bigger spots than any of DS' allergic reactions have been.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hand Foot Mouth ..aka Coxsackie. I dont think its an allergic reaction. I really think its just a virus...just no idea what! he has no other symptoms.
  • Options
    Poor babe :/  I hope your pedi can figure it out!

• Options
    Has he been exposed to chicken pox anywhere? That would be my first instinct. :/ *scratching my head*
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    djm31012 said:
    Hand Foot Mouth ..aka Coxsackie. I dont think its an allergic reaction. I really think its just a virus...just no idea what! he has no other symptoms.

My first thought was HFM, but I thought if they had it once, they didn't get it again....

Maybe Roseola?  Did he have a fever at all this past week?

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Options
    @ericalee27 no fever! this is why im baffled bc i thought maybe that was it too. we are going to the pedi at 10am. so we shall see. this is weird, and annoying! i feel bad for my little man and hate when things are not perfect (welcome to motherhood!)
  • Options
    Good luck!  I'm hoping that sickness will be behind all of us for awhile now that we are heading into the summer!

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Options
    Good luck! Hope it clears soon.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    I have a rashy kid.  He's had two viruses that ended in rashes.  I think the first was roseola but the second was more like hives.  For the hives, we gave him a round of children's benedryl and it worked its way out of his system after a day or two.
    Mom to 3 year-old girl and 1 year-old boy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"