TTC after 35
Options

More awfulness. Ugh my body is dumb at the moment

I went to have an iron infusion today, because my iron levels are really bad after the miscarriage. I went into anaphylaxis along the lines of my hands and feet going numb, my vision going blurry and not being able to breathe properly.

It was all fine, and didn't require any treatment beyond them stopping the drip, but it was just another scary health experience I didn't need. Plus I didn't get the iron boost I needed. They tried to re-start it a couple of times at a slower rate, but each time I started going numb and my breathing got restricted. My Dr. called me a delicate flower, and because I adore him and we get on really well, I know he said it with kindness and good-humour. And he took the time to reassure me that a) this happens to lots of people and b) I wasn't dying. I'm still frustrated.

So onto just an oral supplement, which hopefully won't constipate me. ugh.

Anyway thanks for letting me whine ladies.

Upwards and onwards.
Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

Re: More awfulness. Ugh my body is dumb at the moment

• Options
    At one point I was taking 3 iron pills a day and it wasn't too bad. If you are taking over the counter ones just look for the ones that are gentler on the stomach and get some stool softeners just in case.
    It will take longer to get your iron up with the pills but it will get there.
    Just remember calcium inhibits your iron absorption so don't take the pills if you have had anything with calcium.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    ksgsmuksgsmu member
    So sorry!! Hope you feel better!!
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    CaraHCaraH member
    You just can't get a break. I'm so sorry. I take an iron supplement from my acupuncturist that is plant-based (and approved by my RE). I think it's gentler than when I've taken iron before. I'm not sure they are as strong, though, which could be a problem. Maybe that would be worth asking your doctor about? Assuming you could find someone who carries them?
  • Options
    Oh gosh I am so sorry- hope your iron levels go up quickly and you feel better!
  • Options
    Yeah it will take longer but make sure you take two stool softners in am , with a drink that is warm. Any vitamin with iron gives me problems and this is what dr advised and so far so good!....
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Options
    tlc35tlc35 member
    I'm so sorry that things are so difficult.  I hope the oral iron goes ok!
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    lcwedlcwed member
    I am so sorry you are going through this.  PPs are right about the stool softener.  That's what I was prescribed when I was on iron pills.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Options
    ScubaMommaScubaMomma member
    edited May 2014
    Hope you feel better soon.
    After my miscarriage they prescribed those 3 pills you insert to evacuate the uterus.
    (Horrible, don't do it!!  Ask for a D&C!!)
    I bled for 22 days straight.  I knew something was wrong so I went to the ER.  Dr just took notes and I received a call the next days for an ultrasound.  They rushed me to another hospital for an emergency D&C.  I had a septic miscarriage.  
    Because the infection was so bad, I was kept overnight and then I hemorrhaged horribly and they kept me an additional day.  They had to continue to give me meds to stop the bleeding.  
    That was in Dec and I have been on iron supplements since then. 
    I already have issues with constipation as it seems to run in my family.  So I eat a crazy amount of oranges.  It seems to help. 

Sending you a big warm hug.

• Options
    I am so sorry about this whole horrible experience.  I hope you're feeling better and can get your iron levels up soon.
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    {{HUGS}} Hope your feeling better soon. Sorry for all that's been happening to you :(

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    edited May 2014
    I'm so sorry that you had to experience this additional stress. I would echo the use of citrus as a natural laxative. I hope things get better now for you.

(Edited for wording)

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    Oh, I am so sorry you had to experience that!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 37--Thyroid Cancer survivor. H:38. DS born 6/22/2011; BFP#2--11/5/12--Missed miscarriage discovered 12/21/2012.  BFP#3--5/20/14--another MMC 6/16/14.
  • Options
    I hope things get better for you soon!!
    41 & single; DX:  PCOS
    TTC #1 with IUI and donor sperm
    First IUI May, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    Second IUI July, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    Third IUI Dec, 2014, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = BFN
    Fourth IUI Feb 2015, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = C/P :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"