February 2013 Moms
Options

Speak to me, Iron Chef February 13 Mamas

I have a 1.63 lbs. (to be exact) tri tip sirloin roast defrosting for tomorrow. What can I do to make it delish? C'mon now, I've seen some of your posts in the WFD threads...share you secrets.

Re: Speak to me, Iron Chef February 13 Mamas

• Options
    lrtrauth said:
    Where's @TarheelMama202‌ ? Isn't this one of those steaks where you need to serve it on the rarer end of things and cut against the grain? You need a yummy marinade to start things off, like teriyaki!
    Agreed. I have a love/hate relationship with beef. I love eating it, but hate cooking it because I tend to F it up and then I've spent buco money on a cut of red meat that inevitably tastes like John Wayne's sweaty chaps. No bueno.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I rub my steaks. Yep, I said it-- I love to rub the meat. I actually rub it with a little minced garlic, and then with a sea salt/black pepper/rosemary combo. Let those juices soak. I typically like to cook my beef up in a cast iron skillet (on the stove for 3 minutes per side, then throw that bitch in the oven at 425 for 3 minutes), slap a pat of butter on it, and cover it with tin foil. Nosh. 

Buuuuuut since it's a big cut of meat I would just cook it in a baking dish in the oven. 
    Ooooooo, I love it when you talk dirty like that.  =P~

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    Gftf7Gftf7 member
    Crock pot cooking is also an easy way to avoid messing up an expensive cut of meat.
  • Options
    I think I'm late to the game here, but DH and I have been having a lot of stroganoff lately. 

Thinly slice the steak against the grain (this works perfectly if the steak is still a little frozen).
    Saute some chopped onion, remove from pan and add the steak. 
    Once the steak is browned, put the onion back in.  throw in some beef stock or water and deglaze/simmer for a few minutes. 
    Then add LOTS of sour cream and return to a simmer. 
    Serve over egg noodles with peas or broccoli on the side.  SO yummy!

Note:  I  also love mushrooms in this, saute them with the onions, but DH hates them so I go without.  Sigh.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"