Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

hates napping

I am sure this is a duplicate post but just going crazy, DS hates napping and always has.  Lately it hasn't been easy at all to get him down, I lay with him but he fights it.  We had our daughter 5 days ago and with her now I can't lay with him.  I know we should never have from the start but since he was a baby he will just scream for an hour without falling asleep and I can't do it.  Some people say maybe he doesn't need a nap but he def still does, he rubs the eyes is super cranky and sometimes is falling asleep at the lunch table.  I probably need to listen to him scream for a while till he figures it out but not sure if my patience will let me!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: hates napping

• Options
    First off congratulations on the new baby!  I read The Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems Volume 2 by Ferber and it really helped!!  Where you have been napping with him, you will probably have to deal with changing his current nap routine so he doesn't associate nap time with you.  I think in the long run, a little sleep training will do the trick.  However, I totally understand how frustrating it is when your LO is exhausted yet fights the nap!  Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"