Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Stroller for 2: UppaBaby Vista vs. Baby Jogger City Select?

Hello everyone - I am expecting baby #2 in December, when my DS#1 will be 22 months.  I'm hoping to find a front/back double stroller, versus a side-by-side.  We already own a Maxi-Cosi Mico infant seat, which I was hoping to use for the newborn on whatever stroller we get.  I noticed these two options would work with our existing infant seat.  Can anyone comment on which of these strollers would be best for our situation?  Or are there other suggestions?  Thanks in advance!
DS born February 5, 2013

Need tips for surviving cat allergies? Check out my bio! :)

Re: Stroller for 2: UppaBaby Vista vs. Baby Jogger City Select?

• Options
    My girls are 28 months apart. When I had LO I went and got a city select. I sold it 4 months later. I don't like the seating options for 2 seats. I had an uppababy with ODD and just added the rumbleseat. I thought they wouldn't like it but ODD loves the seat. She loves facing LO. I usually use it for quick trips and it's great for getting in and out. I have a city mini gt double which I use for parks, zoos etc.
  • Options
    ATLdesiATLdesi member
    KatieKarasin - OMG, thank you so much!  That was an incredibly helpful video!  Based on that, I have decided that I'd definitely go with the Baby Jogger.  I actually already own a car seat adaptor for it b/c I have a Baby Jogger jogging stroller (single) so it wouldn't cost me extra there, plus I love the configuration options and roomier/equal seats.  The Britax is cool, but I'm almost positive our infant car seat wouldn't work with it, and the last thing I want to do is spend more money on a new car seat.  

cavalier79 - interesting that you had a City Select, and sold it!  Although, I can imagine that if I already owned an UppaBaby, they would seem similar enough that I wouldn't need both.  Its nice that your older child is happy rear-facing.  I can already tell that my DS would throw a hissy fit if I turned him from forward-facing (which he's been in strollers since 6 months) to rear-facing once our LO arrives!  That is the deal-breaker for me with the UppaBaby, the fact that the rumbleseat can't face forward.
    DS born February 5, 2013

Need tips for surviving cat allergies? Check out my bio! :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I posted in the thread above "about the UBV but similar… so if you want to read it you can.  But basically my two little ones were 18 months apart and I had a UBV, which I loved for one kid, but not as a double.  I got the Baby Jogger City Select and love it!! It works great and we still use it and my little ones are now 2 and 3.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"