tampered sample? — The Bump
LGBT Parenting

tampered sample?

Hi everyone!
My partner and I have a 16 month old son we conceived through at home AI from a known donor. We are ttc again with the same donor and just did our 4th cycle yesterday. I am sort of worried that the donor tampered with the sample this time and last. I am going to go in to detail so be warned. Both last time and this time as soon as I opened the container it smelled overwhelmingly tropical like lotion or soap. Last time I gave the benefit of doubt that perhaps whatever he used to do the job somehow ended up accidentally in the sample.. but it smelled just as perfumy this time. Also both times I of course ended up with a little on my fingers after I inserted.. I touch myself afterwards and both times when I was 'rubbing' there ended up being thick white on my clit, that seemed more like lotion than the sample? Also there were some bubbles. The final major worry this time is that after ward when I peed the toilet filled with bubbles..that's never happened before, and most of the sample was still inside of me because I have a softcup inserted.
I hope I am being paranoid but I can't shake the bad feeling. If it is tampered with I am going to be heartbroken. I don't know anyone else who would be interested to donate and we're certainly not in the financial position to go through sperm banks. I feel so lost!

Re: tampered sample?

• Would you and/or your partner feel comfortable addressing this with your donor? If so, I would just ask. You could let your donor know that you've noticed a difference and ask if he did something different. Even if he isn't honest with you, you would be letting him know that you have noticed.

I hope that he hasn't been doing anything to tamper with it. Not only does that hurt you emotionally, but you are also potentially putting something inside of your body that doesn't belong there.

Good luck. I hope you are able to figure it all out peacefully and that nothing fishy is going on.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards