Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Heartbroken

I don't usually post on these forums, but my heart is aching and I guess talking it out may be helpful.

My husband and I have been TTC for only about 4 months. However in April I had taken an ovulation test and it was all negative. I mentioned it to my GYN and she told me there was a chance I could be infertile. I was 29 and hadn't been trying long, so the fact that she had said that to me was a bit shocking- I didn't expect to hear that so soon. She advised that I take 2 more months of ovulation tests and go from there. I ended up not having a period at all in April, and HPT was negative 4 days after my expected period and figured I stop pregnancy testing, and start my ovulation testing once I get a period.

Either way, although that wasn't what I wanted to hear, my husband and I decided to refocus and leave it into God's hands. Fast forward to 3 weeks later, and I ended up being positive! I was about a month along!

It was right before my sister in law's wedding so we told immediate family because I was in the wedding party and couldn't drink. I also ended up having to tell people at work- I am a nurse practitioner and couldn't take care of some patients bc of the pregnancy. I also turned 30 recently, and some of my friends figured it out when they saw me only drinking water and ginger ale at my birthday party.

5 days ago I started to spot. Had to go to the ER, things looked OK initially (I'm almost 6 weeks now), but my HCG levels aren't rising high enough (I went from 3300 to 4000 to 4145 in 6 days total). I spoke to the GYN resident- it's not looking good bc they expect me to rise much more. I get my final repeat HCG tomorrow and have an ultrasound on Thursday. I am terrified, but I also feel so STUPID that I let the cat out the bag so early.

In the past 5 weeks I went from thinking I had a fertility problem (when I was actually pregnant), to experiencing the joy of pregnancy, only to have it blow up in my face. I feel sad, heartbroken, emotionally exhausted, and embarrassed. I feel like people are going to laugh at me because I was so silly to be happy about something that was just false hope...I think things will be finalized once I get my ultrasound in about 3 days, and we will talk options then, but I cannot stop crying...I really wanted this to work out. I know it could definitely be worse, and that I eventually need to dust myself off and try again, but this really, really sucks.

Re: Heartbroken

• Options
    I'm so sorry that you're going through all of this. This board is focused more on late pregnancy loss and child loss. You may find better support on the miscarriage board. There will likely be more stories that you can relate to there. Again, I'm so sorry and I'll be sending my t&p to you and your family.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your impending loss. As pp said, there is a miscarriage board, but also an infertility board and a 'trouble trying to conceive' board, which is very informative if you are just starting to ttc. Good luck and warm hugs to you and yh.
    On 10/23/13 Baby Sophie and Baby Gabriel born at 21+5 weeks. They grew wings and flew away from us. May God bless them always. We love you beans!
    Phoebe Jaslene born at 19w3d. We love you beba! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    cdale86cdale86 member
    I'm so sorry for what you are going through.  As pp said, you will probably find better support on the miscarriage board.  I would advise against the trouble TTC or infertility boards.  Those are ladies that have been TTC for more than one year.  The infertility board is mostly ladies doing IVF.  I am so sorry for your loss and wish you luck.
    2 year TTC journey with successful IVF in Nov 2012- B/G Twins!
    Baby Boy diagnosed with omphalocele and diaphragmatic hernia
    Born at 32 weeks due to PROM.  Emergency c-section due to prolapsed cord.
    Said Goodbye to our sweet Bennett after 5 short hours.  
    Spent 35 days in the NICU with our little girl.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"